Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

A 95 followed me home last weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moldymac
Fanatic

Name : David
Merit : 19

A 95 followed me home last weekend Empty
PostSubject: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Picked up another Riv over the weekend from a co-worker. The best part is I didn't have to pay anything for it! He had wanted to fix it up but couldn't get the cash or time to and knew I would fix it right lol
Anyways, it's a 95 SC Riv with Silver over Blue two tone that my co-worker picked out. He added the T-type badges off his 86 Riv T-type when it finally gave up. It was originally dark green grey metallic, and has the same green interior as my 97. Seems to be fully loaded including the sun roof, heated seat and traction control. The paint looks great and there's no rust to be concerned about happy . The interior is in great shape, just a little dirty.
It has caddy rims on it now, I already have a set of riv stock chrome wheels set aside for it, hopefully can get a few bucks for the caddy ones to help fund the engine swap happy

Now onto the bad. It has a lengthy list of problems that need addressing before it will be anywhere near a road again. Number one being a rod knock that sounds just like my 97 when I first got it. I was hoping for a bad balancer or flex plate, but no luck frown

Next up, a new problem to me, is the ignition switch is all sorts of screwed up. The key is rather hard to turn (more resistance than usual) and it won't crank in the crank position. In fact, sometimes smoke comes out of the column when you turn the key! To get it running, you have to position the key just right to get all the accessories on, then press a button someone wired under the hood to engage the starter. Real convenient for working it! Anyone ever replace one of these switches? I priced out a new one and WILL be getting a used one from the yard for sure.

Among those issues it had 2 rotted brake lines which I already fixed so I could stop the car, a rusted gas pedal, and there is a leak somewhere that fills the PS rear floor and battery compartment. There's also tons of bulbs burnt out.

Not sure when I will get to picking up a replacement engine (found one at the yard, but cash is tight right now), but someday it will ride again.

A 95 followed me home last weekend Photobucket-7867-1340065712766
A 95 followed me home last weekend Photobucket-15031-1340065694964
A 95 followed me home last weekend Photobucket-24106-1340065728817
A 95 followed me home last weekend Photobucket-24218-1340065743274
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Nice one! I really like that paint job, and the T Type emblems are cool! I have that interior color and i love it.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Hope you can get her runnin! Also hope you have some fun working on her! smile
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:26 pm

might want to contact ed morad (moradpartscompany.com) and see if he has a good column from a Riv - he's had several lately
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Mac,
I think I've seen this Riv before. Most interesting paint scheme!
BTW, I liked your Riv vids. Seems like a few episodes are missing from the engine replacement series, but fun nevertheless.
Wait! Is that 3 Rivs you have? I saw another in one of your "ride" vids.
Back to top Go down
moldymac
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:26 pm

denim wrote:
Mac,
I think I've seen this Riv before. Most interesting paint scheme!
BTW, I liked your Riv vids. Seems like a few episodes are missing from the engine replacement series, but fun nevertheless.
Wait! Is that 3 Rivs you have? I saw another in one of your "ride" vids.
It's possible, not too many done up like this. There were a few vids missing, I can't find the card I recorded the missing ones on. I had 3 of them, I sold the second 97 I had to a friend who managed to throw a rod on it frown
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Perhaps that Riv will come back to you.
Hoping you find the necessary parts for the new one.
I'd like to see that missing vid. Look between the cushions smile
Back to top Go down
moldymac
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 am

denim wrote:
Perhaps that Riv will come back to you.
Hoping you find the necessary parts for the new one.
I'd like to see that missing vid. Look between the cushions smile

I think I have seen the last of that one. I was originally going to buy it from him to part out but someone offered him more for it and he ran with it. It's too bad because I REALLY could have used the parts now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A 95 followed me home last weekend   A 95 followed me home last weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

A 95 followed me home last weekend
Page 1 of 1