Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   Empty
PostSubject: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Mine is just dangling by the wires. Has been since purchase. I'd like to button it back up, if possible. Just looking under the dash, it's tough to see where it is supposed to attach. I'm wondering if the mount was broken off or something. :/

Thanks in advance for the help.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 pm

No insult intended but you don't need a pic. You need a screwdriver or nutdriver... The connector slides into a slot in the trim panel under steering wheel. Just remove that panel and it will be obvious how to click the OBD connector into place. Take you 4 minutes maybe... g'wan you know you want to.....
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Mine wouldn't stay in place, never has. I used to tuck it up behind the panel when not in use. Now it's connected to my scan gauge, so it stays under the dash out of view.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah I was being lazy. But seriously, I did not see a spot where it mounts... until further inspection where there seems to be some cracked plastic under there. For now it is tucked in that little square under the dash.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 am

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Yeah I was being lazy. But seriously, I did not see a spot where it mounts... until further inspection where there seems to be some cracked plastic under there. For now it is tucked in that little square under the dash.

If there is enough plastic left, consider using a couple small sheetmetal or selftapping screws to mount the connector to the panel thru the little holes in the mounting ears. However, this will cause inconvenience when you need to remove the panel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?    Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?   Empty

Back to top Go down

Pic of OBD-II connector under DS dash?
Page 1 of 1