Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

need help with '95 radiator source

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nvsteve
nvsteve

Name : Steve
Merit : 3

need help with '95 radiator source Empty
PostSubject: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm

My mechanic has had my 95 s/c for a week now trying to obtain a correct radiator. He says the parts suppliers keep sending him radiators that aren't the same, with less cooling capacity and different bracket setup.

Wondering if somebody on here can point me to a source for a new radiator that works on a 95?

Any help much appreciated.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Most of the aftermarket Radiators you buy aftermarket will look differently than the factory Radiator. The last one I installed was a hair thinner than factory. However, it was supplied with the proper hardware to make it fit properly. I don't think you're going to find an exact match to what was in it unless you get a Radiator from the dealer...but even then, it probably won't be a GM radiator either.

I'm on my 3rd Radiator now, and both of the aftermarket ones fit just fine with the supplied brackets/hardware. I think I got the last one from 1-800-Radiator or something like that. Unless the suppliers in your area are extremely screwed up as far as their parts interchange, I don't see why none will fit.
Back to top Go down
nvsteve
nvsteve

Name : Steve
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks. My mechanic called and said the radiator he just received looks like the right one. I'll ask him what supplier he's using. I appreciate the help!

Seems like my car is spending more and more time in the shop, and getting correct parts has been an issue recently. Last time in was for new power steering pressure lines to correct the "moaning sickness" which helped with that issue although I do still detect it occasionally.

I love the car, it fits my needs perfectly......good performance, good fuel economy, smooth quiet ride, comfortable to ride in for long trips. I just hope it doesn't become a maintenance nightmare.

Along with regular servicing, Its also had the supercharger coupler replaced, the wobbly steering column repaired, new EGR, and new air shocks. Maybe that's not too bad over 20k miles. It had 87000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago and I'm at 106k now.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Yeah, maintenance sucks, doesn't it? grimace

Just keep her maintained regularly and I'm sure she'll live another 100k +.
I'm almost to 160k, and she's still strong, even though I beat the sh*t out of her...with regular maintenance of course wink
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Doesn't GMpartsDirect have them?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

nvsteve wrote:
Thanks. My mechanic called and said the radiator he just received looks like the right one. I'll ask him what supplier he's using. I appreciate the help!

Seems like my car is spending more and more time in the shop, and getting correct parts has been an issue recently. Last time in was for new power steering pressure lines to correct the "moaning sickness" which helped with that issue although I do still detect it occasionally.

I love the car, it fits my needs perfectly......good performance, good fuel economy, smooth quiet ride, comfortable to ride in for long trips. I just hope it doesn't become a maintenance nightmare.

Along with regular servicing, Its also had the supercharger coupler replaced, the wobbly steering column repaired, new EGR, and new air shocks. Maybe that's not too bad over 20k miles. It had 87000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago and I'm at 106k now.

For the power steering issues, if you searching the site ou'll see my old comments about using the Lucas power steering fluid. It changes the viscosity of the PS fluid so the shudder goes away. You can also try using a synthetic fluid instead of the standard fill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with '95 radiator source   need help with '95 radiator source Empty

Back to top Go down

need help with '95 radiator source
Page 1 of 1