Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billfrank85

Name : Will
Merit : 0

Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?   Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Previous owner cut the OEM radio harness plug off and so I was left with a bunch of dangling wires. I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio. Well, I ID'd all the speaker wires and the ground/constant/switched wires...but now I need help figuring out what these are.

Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? 10707910

The diagram in another thread says the purple/white is a PWM wire? What is that? I also have 3 green wires, a yellow and a gray. I'm guessing the yellow is DIM ENABLE, the gray could either be DIM SIG (?) or steering controls, and I have no idea what to make with the remaining 3 as they are different shades. Please help?

- Will
Back to top Go down
billfrank85

Name : Will
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?   Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Okay, I checked the wires going into the actual power antenna (not sure why I didn't think of this earlier) one of them matches the DARK GREEN wire in color, so #2 appears to be the power antenna wire...
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?   Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 am

It's a very vague memory since I did it so long ago, but I remember the steering wheel controls being a green wire. For some reason I think of gray as dimmer. Put a voltmeter on them and check. If green is strg wheel, pressing one of the steering wheel buttons should show some ohms of resistance to ground instead of open. (pressing the different buttons will register different resistances). Also try turning the lights on and see which gets power, adjust the dimmer and power should drop...

Steering wheel controls is more complex too - signal comes from steering wheel to radio, then if it's an HVAC signal, leaves radio and goes to HVAC head. So there is more than one wire associated with the steering wheel controls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?   Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone ID and explain these wires for me please?
Page 1 of 1