Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Introduction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiriv
Special
Wiriv

Name : Bryan
Merit : 0

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi guys. I've been picking up tips and tricks from you guys for almost two years now. Figured it was time to create my profile and introduce myself.
I picked up a '98 riv with 145k as an interim car while I was between vehicles about two years ago. This has turned into a father / son project for my 13 year old son's first car.
I had wanted to modify a 3800 engine ever since I was a kid. I'm originally from Flint, MI. The HOME of Buick and the location where all of these amazing engines were built. After I got the car I started digging in to see what I could do to it. You guys inspired me. As you can see from my signature, I took a ton of what you guys have pioneered on our cars and implemented it.
The status is that the mechanical work is almost complete. I rebuilt the transmission (my first auto trans rebuild) and did all of the other mechanical work. I put it back together and it went forward great, but no reverse. I pulled the engine back out over Christmas break and fixed the trans, a leaking injector, and got it ready for headers and ZZP TB.
I tried to order a set of headers off SSAC on 12/16 but they haven't arrived yet and no response no matter how often I call. so, I'm looking for a set of headers for her. I will post a WTB in the classifieds. I also ordered an HPTuners package with a base code from Intense. Looking forward to getting the engine back in and trying her out.
Anyways, that's me and the project. Sure wish my dad had helped me build a car like this when I was my son's age! He's learning a lot and no...... I'm not giving it to him. He has to buy it from me (for the original price I paid for it before I started playing) when he gets his license.
Back to top Go down
Wiriv
Special
Wiriv

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: My signature   Introduction EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm new here...... I didn't save it the first time.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
srjen1

Name : Stephen
Merit : 2

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 am

Welcome, you must know what your doing, transmission rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Steve98
Steve98

Name : Steve
Merit : 2

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 12:20 pm

That's a great father-son project and an ideal first car experience you are providing for your son. Post some pictures along the way, if you can.
Back to top Go down
Wiriv
Special
Wiriv

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Not so sure I’m quite as good as you think. I had to pull it back out to fix it. No reverse. I’m pretty sure I have it fixed now, but won’t know until I get it back in the car. Waiting on those new TOG headers to show up......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1