Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Door Handle Pin?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yardley
Enthusiast

Merit : 2

Door Handle Pin? Empty
PostSubject: Door Handle Pin?   Door Handle Pin? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Any ideas on what I can use to replace this pin once I remove it? I need to transfer this spring to the handle currently on my car. I "might" be able to save this and reuse it, but if I can't, does anybody have any idea on what to use? I suppose a nail of some kind but it would need to be able to mushroom on the end.

Door Handle Pin? Door_h10
Back to top Go down
http://www.1badriv.com
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

Door Handle Pin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Handle Pin?   Door Handle Pin? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 am

A bolt of the right diameter will do, I guess. No need for mushrooms - just a nut )
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Door Handle Pin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Handle Pin?   Door Handle Pin? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 am

Usually those pins are pressed into place with an arbor press using a drift of the right size.  Set in plastic like that you probably don't want to use a hammer, the old plastic may/will shatter from the shock of the hammer blows.

What year is your Riv? Mine is a 98 and the back of the drivers door handle looks like this:

Door Handle Pin? 79101-10

Dorman 79101.
Back to top Go down
Yardley
Enthusiast

Merit : 2

Door Handle Pin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Handle Pin?   Door Handle Pin? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Mine is a 98. That handle is from a 96, so it is different. I was able to use the 96 spring on my 98. There was enough extra length, so I nipped the end off the shaft/pin of my 98, replaced the spring, then I used a dremel to cut a slot in the end of the pin, then used a cold chisel to peen/mushroom the ends out a bit. Works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1badriv.com
Sponsored content

Door Handle Pin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Handle Pin?   Door Handle Pin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Door Handle Pin?
Page 1 of 1