Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

badges/emblems

Go down 
+2
DeepFrozen
bbyshrk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

Name : Mek
Merit : 2

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am

found some pretty cool badges at the junkyard, what do yall think?? i really like the gran sport badges. my riv isnt supercharged, but neither was the 96 regal gs i pulled them off of 🤷 maybe i like em so much cause the donor vehicle for my engine transplant was also a 96 regal.. i dont know, but let me know your thoughts!badges/emblems Cd9f6f10
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am

badges/emblems 340ecd10
i had seen this picture and i kinda liked the look of it. only thing i didnt like was the 2 tone paint, too many badges up front, and that huge front license plate. so i went into photoshop and removed some of the nuisances up front. badges/emblems 07befc10
this looks way more stylish if you ask me. again.. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 10:42 am

im thinking about the R emblem on my grille and swapping it with one of these cool shield badges on the hood instead badges/emblems B1210710
badges/emblems 5c345b10
ive even thought about a holden badge instead of the buick ones, that would be pretty cool. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 am

In the end of the day it is up to you, of course. But I wouldn't mess with the badges, trying to disguise make and model - nobody knows what car it is anyway )  Well, at least where I live.
A gas station guy once told me - wow, nice Rover )  
It is funny to watch people look at the front, then they're puzzled, then they hope to discover some clue on the rear, but there is nothing but another (R) happy
Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 12:30 pm

DeepFrozen wrote:
In the end of the day it is up to you, of course. But I wouldn't mess with the badges, trying to disguise make and model - nobody knows what car it is anyway )  Well, at least where I live.
A gas station guy once told me - wow, nice Rover )  
It is funny to watch people look at the front, then they're puzzled, then they hope to discover some clue on the rear, but there is nothing but another (R) happy

Lol! very true, its crazy.. the silhouette is so unique, first time i had seen a 90s riviera was right before i bought this one and i was so surprised i hadn’t really seen one on the road (maybe i just never paid attention) even my dad who had 2 lesabres back in the day, one of em 6th gen and the other was a 7th gen thought it was a 2 door lesabre when i bought the car 🤣 i almost got mad. now that i own one, i tend to see others on the road every 3-4 blue moon cycles. still pretty rare
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 12:23 pm

It's been years since I've seen another 8th gen Riv.

Taking off the "R" and putting on a Buick badge is like taking the wreath and crest off a Caddy and sticking a Chevy bowtie on.

DeepFrozen likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Jack the R wrote:
It's been years since I've seen another 8th gen Riv.

Taking off the "R" and putting on a Buick badge is like taking the wreath and crest off a Caddy and sticking a Chevy bowtie on.

clever joke but nahh, if u took off the cadillac badge n put on a chevy one instead, those are different branches of gm. this is still a buick isnt it? still a riviera, is it not? and still a 3800 series 2 if im not mistaken? lol. the R isn’t really anything special. its just a R with a line through it. im sure yall love it to death. but the thing looks very basic to me. besides, i want my riv to be different, and you said it yourself. “its been years since you’ve seen another 8th gen riv take off the R and swap with buick badges”
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 am

GM intentionally left the Buick badges off the Riviera because they didn't want the Riviera to be associated with the Buick brand. This was a big deal at the time. The Riviera and its sister car, the Oldsmobile Aurora, were supposed to be a big leap forward for GM, which had developed a bad reputation with the underpowered fwd cars of the 80's and 90's. GM didn't want them associated with the damaged Buick and Oldsmobile brands (the Aurora doesn't have an exterior Oldsmobile badge either).
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 11:27 am

bbyshrk wrote:
badges/emblems 340ecd10
i had seen this picture and i kinda liked the look of it. only thing i didnt like was the 2 tone paint, too many badges up front, and that huge front license plate. so i went into photoshop and removed some of the nuisances up front. badges/emblems 07befc10
this looks way more stylish if you ask me. again.. thoughts?

What was done to the headlights? That isn't stock. Doesn't look bad though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 11:55 am

They are custom made of fiberglass and Hella lens headlights. The owner told that in his blog on a Russian automotive web portal drive2.ru. The first post was 9 years ago, the last one 2 years ago. I don't know if he still has the car. Back in 2016 I was looking for 8 gen Riviera and asked him how much he wants for it - the price was ~$10.7k. I bought mine for $5k instead.

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 1:19 pm

cool front headlights cool

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
bbyshrk
Enthusiast
bbyshrk

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 5:16 pm

DeepFrozen wrote:
They are custom made of fiberglass and Hella lens headlights. The owner told that in his blog on a Russian automotive web portal drive2.ru. The first post was 9 years ago, the last one 2 years ago. I don't know if he still has the car. Back in 2016 I was looking for 8 gen Riviera and asked him how much he wants for it - the price was ~$10.7k. I bought mine for $5k instead.

the headlights are cool and all but you made the right decision lol i would rather put that 5.7k into my car than buy his for that pricetag
Back to top Go down
mbletion

Name : Robert Cruise
Merit : 0

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems EmptyThu May 06, 2021 10:34 am

Those are nice badges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

badges/emblems Empty
PostSubject: Re: badges/emblems   badges/emblems Empty

Back to top Go down