Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?

Go down 
+2
MaxLegroom
knoxbroadcaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
knoxbroadcaster
knoxbroadcaster

Name : Charles
Merit : 0

Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? Empty
PostSubject: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 1:31 pm

I ran across this online parts store while researching brake and suspension parts for my Riviera.

https://afteroem.com

Prices seem to be almost too good to be true.

Has anyone had any experience with this retailer?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
MaxLegroom

Name : Robert Smith
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 1:11 pm

I hadn't heard of them either, but a use of their search function revealed little, if anything for the Riviera, and a very muddled listing of applicable vehicles for a given part.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 am

knoxbroadcaster wrote:
I ran across this online parts store while researching brake and suspension parts for my Riviera.

https://afteroem.com

Prices seem to be almost too good to be true.

Has anyone had any experience with this retailer?

Thanks

Looks scammy to me - I can't find an impressum or physical address on the site -- so let's just say no.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 am

Misspelled words are common in scam sites. Modle vs. Model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
knoxbroadcaster
knoxbroadcaster

Name : Charles

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Thanks for the input. I'll keep searching
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 5:35 pm

knoxbroadcaster wrote:
Thanks for the input. I'll keep searching

The vendors that advertise on this site (see the "Dash" page) are a starting point. I've bought from all except PFYC.

I'd add, the GM dealers who have 'discount parts' web pages such as gmpartsdirect.com are a place to look, too. One wrinkle in that would be that some very large dealers like Bob Tasca's tascaparts.com sometimes have caches of obsolete parts in stock, although not as much as they used to.

Here is some background on Tasca Parts. Bob Tasca Sr. (died 2010) was an enthusiast and drag racer as well as car dealer. I was told that he firmly thought that people ought to be able to maintain their own cars (in spite of what the MBAs at factory corporate would prefer) and without being noisy about it made it reasonable to do so by getting closeout lots and warehousing/reselling them. I could get air suspension parts there, at reasonable price, for my son's Lincoln Continental for quite some time after the local dealer declared them unobtainium. For my Volvo, they have/will get for me the maintenance parts for, for instance, the Haldex AWD unit, that don't show on their (or anyone else's) site. Their pricing is fair enough; you may find them easier to deal with via telephone than via web order.

Don't leave your local GM dealer out. They are fairly competitive on things like batteries, brake pads, and such. For unplanned maintenance they and your local NAPA affiliate are pretty good bets. My local GM dealer gets a fair share of their parts for the service bays from the NAPA for stuff GM makes it tough to get like the throttle body gaskets or replacement filter socks for the in-tank pumps.

knoxbroadcaster likes this post

Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 pm

Always ask the company where parts are made if its really cheap guess where they r made LOL
Back to top Go down
Calvin90
Amateur

Name : Calvin Buenavides

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 pm

I've never heard of this web shop. I usually buy car accessories at a reputed store to make sure my money is not wasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?   Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store? Empty

Back to top Go down

Familiar with AfterOEM online parts store?
Page 1 of 1