Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRivieraGeorgia
Amateur
BuickRivieraGeorgia

Name : Riviera
Merit : 0

Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi all,
I am planning to put a double deck Carplay that would mirror an iphone/android screen with Gps,Youtube etc. and I also want to put a backup camera so it should be able to display that as well.
Also, would there be one that's compatible with our buttons on the wheel? Would hate to lose them...
I have a 1995 Supercharged Riviera
Please let me know if anyone has any experience with what would fit and which specific model to go for?
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:02 pm

There is not much room in the dash of our cars so an mvh ( media video head unit) has a shallow chassis and is a great choice. You can look on crutchfield.com for an education on brand and features. I included a link to the steering wheel control FM modulated unit which works great in both of my cars. Also you want a video bypass and don't forget a dash kit, wire harness and antenna adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9AQPUU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4PJC9K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced
Amateur

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 10:20 pm

Can you update the link to the stereo install kit you meant to link? I'm going to be doing an install soon.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 10:23 pm

I don't think there's a dash kit for a riv. My car does not have one. Crutchfield will list all the accessories you're going to need. Steering wheel controls are universal kit AWSC steering wheel controls. should pull up the results. They work fine on both my cars.

ADDvanced likes this post

Back to top Go down
ADDvanced
Amateur

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 8:11 pm

Thanks for the link, I'm guessing this will get the controls on the wheel that pertain to the stereo, but not for the HVAC system (temp)
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 pm

I don't remember if it does the HVAC. I just put it on auto and it regulates itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation   Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation Empty

Back to top Go down

Iphone/Android Carplay Recommendation
Page 1 of 1