Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Radio compatibility

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff96
Enthusiast

Name : Cliff
Merit : 1

Radio compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:53 pm

Does anyone know if later model year Buicks with cd/am/fm stereos are plug and play compatible with a 1996 Riviera? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dan B
Amateur

Name : Dan B
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 am

Ever figure this out cliff?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 am

Answer is not really, the later radios (double DIN) don't fit in the dash well for the early ones (1.5 DIN) to start with.

Dan B likes this post

Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 12:01 pm

albertj wrote:
Answer is not really, the later radios (double DIN) don't fit in the dash well for the early ones (1.5 DIN) to start with.

actually 96 is double din, 95 is the only oddball.
My factory radio kept thinking there was a cassette in when there wasn't and made it so nothing would play. I replaced that with a similar year that was CD only(no cassette),
Some years later changed to a Pioneer double din to get Blue tooth capability for music & hands free phone.
Sorry, I am not sure about "later models" compatibility.

Jbird
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced
Amateur

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 am

Dude the size of the 95 is weird AF. I have a 99 Astro with a 1.5 DIN, and installed a double DIN pioneer, and figured it would be similar on the riv.

NOPE. Whatever the stock size is, is way wider than single or double din, left to right. I am going to have to make filler panels as a trim piece.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 9:36 pm

jbird wrote:
albertj wrote:

My factory radio kept thinking there was a cassette in when there wasn't and made it so nothing would play. I replaced that with a similar year that was CD only(no cassette),
Some years later changed to a Pioneer double din to get Blue tooth capability for music & hands free phone.

Jbird

...sorry, i misread the post.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 2:18 am

albertj wrote:
jbird wrote:
albertj wrote:

Jbird

...sorry, i misread the post.

My current radio came out of a 02 or 03 prk ave -fits and works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio compatibility   Radio compatibility Empty

Back to top Go down

Radio compatibility
Page 1 of 1