Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

accessory tensioner hopefully

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

accessory tensioner hopefully Empty
PostSubject: accessory tensioner hopefully   accessory tensioner hopefully EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 11:56 pm

when i come to a stop light i noticed a grinding noise and i can feel the vibration from it and if i drop the car into neutral it goes away, when i rev the engine in neutral no noise or vibration only when my foot is on the brake and waiting for the light to change. I have replaced the small tensioner and the double pulley in the center it started to chirp a little. over the last 2 yrs i have replace cradle mounts motor and tranny mount... the pully on s/c has small bit if play in it... is there any way to check the accessory tensioner? Thanks for reading
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: accessory tensioner hopefully   accessory tensioner hopefully EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 pm

As far as providing tension goes, there's a gauge built into the tensioner that shows if it is good or not. Here's what it looks like when everything is new -

accessory tensioner hopefully Belt-tensioner-gauge
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: accessory tensioner hopefully   accessory tensioner hopefully EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 pm

awesome thanks for the help jack the R
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: accessory tensioner hopefully   accessory tensioner hopefully EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 2:13 am

The noise /vibration end up being a bad boost actuator, the stainless-steel rod was stuck in a upward position. replaced it and all is well happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: accessory tensioner hopefully   accessory tensioner hopefully Empty

Back to top Go down

accessory tensioner hopefully
Page 1 of 1