Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association

Go down 
+5
SpaceBar
Pearl Riv
1998 Riv
Mr.Riviera
99Rivman
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
hope you have plenty of our cards wink

Yeah you should have stocked up on the cards! Start writing rivperformance.com on a bunch of papers and hand them out! wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Well it's all over now until next year.
The meet turned out pretty good, not as large as I would have liked to have seen, around 80 Rivieras total. GM sent five cars, the Blackhawk(only one produced), Silver Arrow III(only one produced), the '95 Convertible, the '83 Indy Pace Car, and a '65 Riviera GS. I got a few pictures I'll work on posting in the next few days.
In the mean time you could go here to see some:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559658802EbNRZY
Most, not all but most, people with the ROA are more interested in keeping them NICE and STOCK. Not too much interest in the performance building of them, the newer ones anyway!
I would have liked to have had the Black '95 but I guess the Silver Arrow turned out OK!
There were 19 Rivs in the '86-'99 Class.
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280010
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280012
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280013International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6290010
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 8:59 pm

once again, props for having that showroom shine and perfect detail job thumbsup
cant wait to see some of the wildcat and SA3!!
so did anyone take note of your newly painted calipers?

Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:13 am

Mr.Riviera wrote:
once again, props for having that showroom shine and perfect detail job thumbsup
cant wait to see some of the wildcat and SA3!!
so did anyone take note of your newly painted calipers?

Thanks! bow
It's a good thing I was able to get the outside so clean, there are still a few places in the interior that I am not real happy with. bonk The seats, the floor mats, and the inside trim of the A-pillar. Guess the outside was clean enough people didn't notice the inside too much. nono
I was pretty busy working, so I didn't get too much time to stay at the car but I didn't hear any comments about the calipers? The Silver Arrow didn't win by a landslide though, there is a man here in NC that has an '87 with less than 16,000 miles on it that is a special edition that was very close.
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280014
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:29 am

Here are the cars that GM brought, not real good pictures but here goes:

Silver Arrow III, this is one sharp ass boatail! I told them I would trade my Silver Arrow for it in a heartbeat!
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280015

The Blackhawk, made for Buicks 100th anniv., has a 700 HP 455, Stage III engine and a '96 Riviera interior.
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280016

The '83 Indy Pace car, has a twin turbo V-6 in it I believe.
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280017

The '95 Custom Convertible, I think I heard there was a GM/Buick Exec fired for having this made?
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280018

And a '65 Riviera Gran Sport, Dual Carter AFB's on a 425 CI motor from the factory.
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 P6280019
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:42 am

Looks good, now I want a Silver Arrow too frown

I just want any nice condition Riv with super low miles to have as a nice collector's item.

I only know of the Silver Arrows as the last Rivs, what are the Silver Arrow 3 and even Silver Arrow 2?

I'm one of very few people that actually like the 89-93 gen models. I'm really liking the one in the pic, the Special Edition is really noticable; great two tone, the rear roof window is bigger than the regular Riv really nice effect.

I seem to see more Rivs now when I'm in the roadster than when I actually in my Riv. Yesterday I saw a real beautiful one that I want badly. It was the same or similar color to the Blackhawk concept and with a bright cream interior. Even the guy driving it looked professional and 'rich'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 10:07 am

just saw the pics, I know the SA3 now.

I wouldn't mind switching out my grill's 'R' for the script looking one on the conv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Nice pics! That '83 pace car is awesome. It's crazy to think about, but that modest-looking convertible can destroy most any performance car, even by today's standards. The stupid amount of power that twin-turbo V6 made back then, when you compare it to other pace cars, the Riv just tops them all!

Indy 500 Pace Car list:

1978 Chevrolet Corvette 220 hp
1979 Ford Mustang II 280 hp
1980 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 210 hp
1981 Buick Regal 281 hp
1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 250 hp
1983 Buick Riviera Convert 450 hp
1984 Pontiac Fiero 232 hp
1985 Oldsmobile Calais 215 hp
1986 Chevrolet Corvette 239 hp
1987 Chrysler LeBaron 230 hp
1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass 250 hp

Until the Viper equaled it in 1996, no Indy pace car ever made as much power. No car made more power until last year's 505 hp Corvette Z06.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Congrats Randall! It looks like a great time. I'm suprised they combined the 86 to 99 models. That's apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 5:52 pm

Where can I get one of those Riviera emblems on the front of that convertable?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:52 pm

jax95riv wrote:
Congrats Randall! It looks like a great time. I'm suprised they combined the 86 to 99 models. That's apples and oranges.

Thanks Jack.
The meets I've been to over the last few years have been pretty good.

The classes are figured by pre-registration and even though the '95-'99's have been growing the last few years, the '86-'93's have not as much, so when there are only one or two of any generation they get combined with the next. This year there would have been enough to break them up but it didn't happen that way. That class has never been broken up but after it being the largest for 2005 and 2007 it might be next year?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:56 pm

SpaceBar wrote:

I'm guessing you would have to have it made, I don't think another one exists?
Buick used that on the front and the back of that conv. and I've never seen another one like it!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:22 pm

I got some pictures from another guys upload, here are the 95-99's and the 86-93's set up for the show.

I kind of set up the show field and parked the cars for this class, we had a little more room than some of the others ended up with so we were able to keep it a bit more organized. thumbsup

International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 23441711
International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 27225911
I guess when I said 19 in the class I had forgotten about the two last generation and one of the others that dropped out?
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 pm

99Rivman wrote:
SpaceBar wrote:

I'm guessing you would have to have it made, I don't think another one exists?
Buick used that on the front and the back of that conv. and I've never seen another one like it!

Someone needs to contact Buick about getting those.

Whats their email?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:28 pm

SpaceBar wrote:

Someone needs to contact Buick about getting those.

Whats their email?

www.Buick.com then click on the "contact us" tab?
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 10:07 pm

Nice job Randall and deservedly so! Very pristine Silver Arrow. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association   International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

International Meet of the Riviera Owners Association
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2