Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?

Go down 
+23
Graymodeler
vendetta
rivwilly107
Chicken
ibmoses
oldsman105
TonySmooth89
IBx1
albertj
ewolfe0050
Mr.Riviera
etosino2009
blackbart95
robertwolf86
deekster_caddy
1998 Riv
2toneRivi
palermocorey90
99Rivman
jax95riv
Brad95Riv
AA
steel2040
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?   Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:10 pm

97 park ave wrote:

... the 3800s are the easiest plugs i've ever changed.

Easier than the Camaro's?? How about the Cuda?
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?   Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Abaddon wrote:
IBx1 wrote:
That Camaro is clean as hell! I like the side exhaust too. Tyler, I could reach the spark plugs in the front but wouldn't have space to pull them without slicing my arms open and whacking my knuckles on the radiator.

You must have the biggest arms in the world, and you belong in the Guinness Book of Records.
EXACTLY what im trying to say lol, i could probably fit my whole upper body inbetween the front manifold and the radiator fans if i had to. now that i think of it, doesnt the stock manifold stick out further than the tip of the spark plug anyway? wouldnt your front manifold be damn close to the fans if what youre saying were true?

Eldo wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

... the 3800s are the easiest plugs i've ever changed.

Easier than the Camaro's?? How about the Cuda?
never done a camaro or cuda, but i assume they must be pretty easy. i was comparing it to newer vehicles that have an ass load of wiring and no space. for instance: my dads 06 silverado with the 5.3, youd think youd have a bunch of room with it being a truck and the engine is in-line. think again, a few of those plugs pissed me off big time.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?   Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Lets face it, we're talking about changing spark plugs here. Every vehicles has its quirks but spark plugs are a simple task no matter how you slice it. Even if your changing all 16 in the 5.7 Hemi (yes there is 16 for that 8cyl engine) ,still its never rocket science. Even on the newer vehicles with grotesque engine shrouds that cover the entire top of the motor barely allowing you to add oil, can usually be easily attacked from underneath. Pull out the creeper and have atter. happy
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?   Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

There's still nothing quite as easy as changing spark plugs when they're all on top of the engine, with all the elbow room you could ever want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?   Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Series I spark plugs - Anyone know how to do it?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4