Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth

Go down 
+26
Yardley
al_roethlisberger
otto95
Andysdorm
albertj
themanwithsauce
FIREMANBOB
RivieraTim
RoughNecks17
Z-type
Riv95SC
Abaddon
99Rivman
moldymac
SupersportSteve
96riv
stan
SpaceBar
andrzejsze
AA
ibmoses
TonySmooth89
palermocorey90
nothincame2mind
1998 Riv
Shintsu
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Elephant wax....♪♪
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Here are some more photos of a bench seat equipped Riviera.  Note that this configuration has a handy trash can up under the dash where the console would have been.  I wish more cars had built-in small trash cans like my 1980 Olds had on the passenger kick panel.

I found one of these in a wrecking yard, teal interior like mine, so I bought the can just to see if it would fit somewhere on a console car..... it did not unfortunately confused 

Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 25437111

Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 25437110
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Here is another thread on the forum where I posted photos of a bench seat with burgundy cloth interior.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10427-cloth-interior-and-bench-seat-for-those-that-have-never-seen-one?highlight=bench

Saw a 95 at the Greenville, NC LKQ a couple weeks ago that was Light Jadestone exterior and Jadestone(teal) interior with the leather bench. It was supercharged, but light on other options.

Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:31 pm

And as an interesting aside, in 1995 the cloth seats were in theory available in "bright white".  

http://rivowners.org/features/Ev_Stats/colortrim/95.html

I would love to see how that looked.  I can imagine it would be nigh impossible to keep looking good, but that would be a striking interior when paired with a dark colored car.

We had a 1975 (or 74 I forget) Pontiac LeMans with a very dark green heavy metal flake exterior with white vinyl seating that looked REALLY sharp. Our 1977 Grand Prix had more of a light mist green exterior with white seating which wasn't as good looking, but still very nice.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Back in '74 when one could order cars to their specific likes, I ordered a black Grand Prix with white seats and black door panels. It was a real beauty and I never saw another one like it. Every one I saw with white interior had white door panels except mine. It was really fun back then to order a car. I remember the dealer letting me fill out the order sheet and you wouldn't believe the variations that were possible. Ahhh...the good ol' days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
Riv95SC
Enthusiast
Riv95SC

Name : Riv95SC
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:02 am

Al, as a bench seat owner, I have to disagree about the function of the underdash...thing. It's intended as a storage cubby, because there's a little rubber mat in there to stop things rolling around and being noisy.

Every year I take my little mat out and Armor-all it, think what a ridiculous thing it is, and also how totally COMPLETE they made this car, down to the little mat in there which you can't even normally see.

BTW, regarding the rather untidy green bench seat car above--why in the world did the owner put that ugly gray Wal-Mart cupholder in rather than use the ones that pop out of the armrest??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth   Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bench Seats, Leather vs. Cloth
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3