Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roadstar99
Rookie

Name : Gene
Merit : 0

New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? Empty
PostSubject: New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???   New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm

I have a NEW remanufatored engine, with redone heads and valve job! Everything NEW but Supercharger and Injectors , both of these have about 189,000 miles on. I am thinking of putting in NEW injectors cause the enjine seemd alittle unbalaned at low idle and the fuel mixture when I check the plugs seems to be alittle on the lean side and also my air fuel seems to run on the lean. I was gonna do a balance test on the injctors but one of my fellow Mechanics where I work said change them if they are flowing less theat would give you a lean cylinder and then they could throw of the balance. I found a Balanced set of injetorrs high performance for $240. and a remanufactured Supercharger for $450.

What do you guys know or think????
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???   New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:25 pm

You can have your old injectors cleaned and flow tested for $80. Either way it's worth doing. I would just go for a cleaning, although you have to send them away so you'd be out the car for a week or so while it's being done.
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???   New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 11:10 pm

I wouldn't worry about a new supercharger. The M90 almost never fails aside from couplers , which don't completely fail in themselves. As for injectors , I'd take dereks advice.
And Welcome to the board!
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???   New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:20 am

Do a case learn if you haven't. I wasn't a believer until it changed the way a car idled like it was magical.

On the injectors, Deek found a place that cleaned and flow matched them for a reasonable price. I wouldn't head new unless you need bigger injectors soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???   New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors??? Empty

Back to top Go down

New engine!! NEW Fuel Injectors???
Page 1 of 1