Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick

Go down 
+16
KillaKeninaRiv
SpaceBar
ibmoses
Buapo
Andysdorm
IBx1
Jack the R
Shintsu
Mr.Riviera
TonySmooth89
AA
deekster_caddy
ewolfe0050
Chicken
T Riley
Supercharged
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 pm

I had a coworker that used to tell stories like this all the time.

He was like 6.0" ft. tall and weighed like 140 lbs. Always wore a wife beater.

He would spin yarns like this every day. How he was involved in a gang, how his uncle was a major drug dealer in Cleveland, how he has 8 (!?) cell phones, all of which he pays for. His stories would just get worse and worse as I knew him.

He wasn't a bad guy, and his stories didn't really bother me. But they did seem like a big load of bullshit.

Now, don't get me wrong. You could have easily been attacked. But why all the crazy details? If all this did happen to you, I'm thinking it was more YOUR fault because you sound like you might be leaving some of the story out. Like you owed the dude money (or SOMEONE money) and then got beat up over it.

Got any pictures of your mangled face?

Heh.
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Buapo wrote:
I had a coworker that used to tell stories like this all the time.

He was like 6.0" ft. tall and weighed like 140 lbs. Always wore a wife beater.

He would spin yarns like this every day. How he was involved in a gang, how his uncle was a major drug dealer in Cleveland, how he has 8 (!?) cell phones, all of which he pays for. His stories would just get worse and worse as I knew him.

He wasn't a bad guy, and his stories didn't really bother me. But they did seem like a big load of bullshit.

Now, don't get me wrong. You could have easily been attacked. But why all the crazy details? If all this did happen to you, I'm thinking it was more YOUR fault because you sound like you might be leaving some of the story out. Like you owed the dude money (or SOMEONE money) and then got beat up over it.

Got any pictures of your mangled face?

Heh.

no i didnt take pictures of myself, i had a fatass lip, and a black ass eye, and what crazy details, what isnt crazy about the story

im no bullshitter jack, im not that guy you used to work with
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Supercharged wrote:
KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
i dont know man. that shit just doesnt sound right to me. now ive been living in detroit for the last 23 out of 26 years of my life, a predominately black city and i dont really know any black people to just get down on a white dude for no reason, and this place is wild as fuck..but i dont think THAT wild. thats some storybook shit right there! complete randomness of it is whats so unbelievable. you sure you didnt have some beef with the dude? i mean, especially for him to BITE you, thats extreme. you didnt scream any racial slurs at him did you? thats the only thing i can come up with. its either:
1) a drug deal gone bad
2) racial comments being made
3) someone had him jump on you
4) you owed him some money
5) you boned his girl

its not that hard of a stretch to think someone could get their ass beat at 2:30 in the morning
oh please believe me, i can see it happening, but the randomness of it is what i dont believe. but me personally if id been bit on anything im going to the doctor first, not to rivperformance.com. nobody is cutting me open with anything short of a scalpel and not some basement surgery. you can get an infection from that alone not to mention the bite itself. he might have had hepatitis or something. was it a crackhead or normal person? you know a crackhead bite is like asking for an infection
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:49 pm

i would like to see a pic of your wounds though.

but you know i did see one random act similar though but it was because the dude was on some slick stuff..theres this guy named alan that grew up with us and he said something sideways about this guy. anyways, we are all out on the corner one day and the guy he was talking about comes up with a styrofoam cup with some gin in it and threw it in alans face. man i never laughed so hard. it was messed up because alan was screaming and hollering from it. thats the ONLY random attack ive ever seen on a white person and it wasnt that random, so tell us the whole story. maybe he wanted your girl?
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 pm

i will take a picture of my wound, and the pants that are fucked up too
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Put it in a spoiler will ya? I don't think I'm the only one who might not want to see it.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Name : Andrew
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 pm

I can believe it, especially if the dude was in his teens. My friends and I used to get shit for walking down the street all the time by these rediculous kids that hung out on the street corners. They used to yell shit like "You think you're hard!!" and "White boys make easy targets." All the time at us. One of my friends was walking to the car by himself one time and got his shit fucked up. The dude took his wallet and his watch but the joke was on the mugger because he had no cash and when he tried to use the credit card, they tracked him down and arrested the dude. No one messed with me (I guess it's because I look intimidating to other people) good for them though because I always carry a butterfly knife when I'm in the city. And my friend I'm always with carries a real switchblade.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:05 pm

captshiner wrote:
I can believe it, especially if the dude was in his teens. My friends and I used to get shit for walking down the street all the time by these rediculous kids that hung out on the street corners. They used to yell shit like "You think you're hard!!" and "White boys make easy targets." All the time at us. One of my friends was walking to the car by himself one time and got his shit fucked up. The dude took his wallet and his watch but the joke was on the mugger because he had no cash and when he tried to use the credit card, they tracked him down and arrested the dude. No one messed with me (I guess it's because I look intimidating to other people) good for them though because I always carry a butterfly knife when I'm in the city. And my friend I'm always with carries a real switchblade.

werd
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Man you guys live in some shitty neighborhoods. The worst around here are just people in annoying cars that sound like shit (exhaust or booming). Then again the bad places here are all downtown. Down there it seems like someone gets shot every day on the news or something like that. There's some parts of downtown with old boarded up buildings and abandoned parking lots that just feel like if you were walking around you could get your ass beat. Fortunately we always just drive through and never have that problem.

My dad used to go to this electronic shop downtown and it was in one of the most empty parts of downtown. No cars driving by, big empty parking lot, there was nothing but empty buildings near it. There are actually some more suburban parts of town that are really bad for crime too. Heh, one place they setup a police station next to a drug store after they got robbed so many times and one day the cops got a call and when they all went to their cars they all had flats and broken windows and after that they just boarded the police station up and left because the crime was so bad.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Shintsu wrote:
Man you guys live in some shitty neighborhoods. The worst around here are just people in annoying cars that sound like shit (exhaust or booming). Then again the bad places here are all downtown. Down there it seems like someone gets shot every day on the news or something like that. There's some parts of downtown with old boarded up buildings and abandoned parking lots that just feel like if you were walking around you could get your ass beat. Fortunately we always just drive through and never have that problem.

My dad used to go to this electronic shop downtown and it was in one of the most empty parts of downtown. No cars driving by, big empty parking lot, there was nothing but empty buildings near it. There are actually some more suburban parts of town that are really bad for crime too. Heh, one place they setup a police station next to a drug store after they got robbed so many times and one day the cops got a call and when they all went to their cars they all had flats and broken windows and after that they just boarded the police station up and left because the crime was so bad.
owned laughat

Cincinnati is kind of crazy. We kind of have 'boroughs' like in NYC. Everyone knows the 'bad ones' but almost all of them have bad parts. You just have to pay attention because you can be cruising down Ludlow, looking at all the $500k+ houses but 2 blocks later there's a bunch of boarded up pieces of crap with hoop-d's parked up and down the road. The most we got threatened was in Northside by a bunch of local 'gangsta' wannabes. It's kind of funny because most of Northside is nice, there's just a few streets that haven't been remodeled. It is the gay district.
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:54 pm

yea its iffy right across the street from the goodyear plant
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 pm

I live in a very nice area, but that doesn't mean that it's exempt from crimes. One morning, around 3:30 or 4:00 AM, my mom went outside for a cigarette. There was some guy out there, sneaking around the houses. My mom went over and was like "Hey" and the guy ran out to the street, and a shitty looking van zoomed up to the house, the guy jumped in and they sped off. What the hell was THAT all about?

I know about Cincinnati's bad areas, I didn't experience them though. I heard some pretty bad statistics about them, something about shootings. That Skyline Chili, man... now them's good eatin'.

I lived in Toledo because I went to school there, and that place is a real shithole. There's nice areas right next to shit areas, it's weird (like capt was saying). I avoided the bad areas of course, but still - I think that Toledo should sink into the 7th circle of hell and stay there.

As far as Blake's story goes, I've heard a lot of bullshit before, so sorry if I'm a skeptic. But it definitely could happen. But the guy BIT you? Then you steak-knifed that wound? God, what a fucked up night. I guess you're lucky he didn't kill you.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Skyline sucks. If you want Cincinnati chili, don't go to Skyline. It's mass produced crap. They don't even make it in store anymore, it's all factory produced and tastless puke . I have some better suggestions if you want Cincinnati chili, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm

I've always loved Skyline Chili. It doesn't really even taste like chili, it's more of a sauce.... but I just love that unique taste. The closest one to my house is Mayfield (15 minute drive) so I don't go there very often.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

It's got chocolate in it, that's what gives it it's 'unique' taste.
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Buapo wrote:
I live in a very nice area, but that doesn't mean that it's exempt from crimes. One morning, around 3:30 or 4:00 AM, my mom went outside for a cigarette. There was some guy out there, sneaking around the houses. My mom went over and was like "Hey" and the guy ran out to the street, and a shitty looking van zoomed up to the house, the guy jumped in and they sped off. What the hell was THAT all about?

I know about Cincinnati's bad areas, I didn't experience them though. I heard some pretty bad statistics about them, something about shootings. That Skyline Chili, man... now them's good eatin'.

I lived in Toledo because I went to school there, and that place is a real shithole. There's nice areas right next to shit areas, it's weird (like capt was saying). I avoided the bad areas of course, but still - I think that Toledo should sink into the 7th circle of hell and stay there.

As far as Blake's story goes, I've heard a lot of bullshit before, so sorry if I'm a skeptic. But it definitely could happen. But the guy BIT you? Then you steak-knifed that wound? God, what a fucked up night. I guess you're lucky he didn't kill you.

i didnt think anything of the bite until the day next day considering when i went to bed and woke up it was in the same day, my buddy told me i should scratch it to see if it would bubble if we got alcohol and peroxcide on it, i used to use a steak knife for poison ivy so i knew it would work

ive already thought i probobly shoulda died
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm

ewolfe0050 wrote:
It looks like that was taken through the window of an open car door- not through a lense...

good call...that is the window of the car...

Is that blood on the inside or the outside of the window? I can't tell...it's too out of focus...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm

[quote="Buapo"]I live in a very nice area, but that doesn't mean that it's exempt from crimes. One morning, around 3:30 or 4:00 AM, my mom went outside for a cigarette. There was some guy out there, sneaking around the houses. My mom went over and was like "Hey" and the guy ran out to the street, and a shitty looking van zoomed up to the house, the guy jumped in and they sped off. What the hell was THAT all about?

sounds like they greenlighted your house or you all for a robbery. that would have been the day i got some weaponry fopr the house
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:34 pm

Chicken wrote:
ewolfe0050 wrote:
It looks like that was taken through the window of an open car door- not through a lense...

good call...that is the window of the car...

Is that blood on the inside or the outside of the window? I can't tell...it's too out of focus...

i wanna see the shiner. fuck the cuts and scrapes i wanna see that trademark on the eye!
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Yeah that was a few years ago, so I don't think they're trying anything.

Someone would have to be really stupid to rob a house in my neighborhood. We are patrolled by police from two cities because we're right on the line, and response time is usually under 15 minutes (compare to 30 mins to 1 hour for most places).
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm

i dont have the black eye...just some yellowness, the fat lip has been gone for a couple weeks, its been about a month since it happened

my nose didnt break although until just the other day i could feel and hear the chrunches on the outside bridge of my nose

i seen the kid, he was younger than me...id say 17 if
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm

by the way ...even stupider to rob a house in my neighborhood. We have no local police; however most of us hunt and supplement our family\'s protein needs well with the results, thank you... that \'15 minutes response time\' sounds like a century... more like 15 seconds around here... there are several state police living in our (rural) area, not in eyeshot though... I suspect that the area\'s neighborly dynamics are a factor.

smoke

well, thinking about it, 15 minutes is probably long enough to figure out how to, ahem, explain what happened. Don\'t get me wrong nobody\'s gonna cover for you if your\'e not legitimately defending yourself, but at the same time nobody\'s gonna bust on you (and succeed) if you appropriately use force for defending your family around here.

dunno

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Supercharged wrote:
its been about a month since it happened

this is something you should of MENTIONED A FEW DAYS AGO WHEN YOU STARTED THIS THREAD!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

i didnt know it was relative in anyway..i thought white boy kick was about the only shit important...why does it matter if it happened 2 months ago...i just wanted to show a bloody riviera
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:41 pm

So how did you clean it up?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick   1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

1997 Supercharged Riviera by Buick
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next