Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Leather Cleaner

Go down 
+2
deekster_caddy
riviera2454
6 posters
AuthorMessage
riviera2454
Enthusiast
riviera2454

Merit : 0

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Is there a thing as to much   Leather Cleaner EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:43 pm

When it comes to cleaning your leather seats with products such as armor leather all or Meguiars Gold Class. Is there a certain number of a times you should do this? Does it hurt the seats if you do them too often?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 am

Every time you clean the leather with a 'cleaner' that's not for leather, you are taking the natural oils out of the leather, and it will eventually dry out and deteriorate. You should clean it with something leather specific, or wipe it down after you use the harsh cleaners. I use Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (not wipes, a big bottle of the liquid). Lately I've had a hard time finding it at AutoZone, etc, but my bottle is still 1/4 full.
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 am

I always recommend Zymol Leather cleaner and conditioner , its two steps and two different bottles but it does a much better job than the 2 in 1 cleaners i think. The 2 in 1 spray is ok , but i usually only use it for touch ups when i don't feel like spending a lot of time cleaning , when i actually go all out , i don't even think about that stuff.

But i would say if you clean it often , I'd use something with a bit more conditioning in it.
Back to top Go down
lionfish
Enthusiast
lionfish

Merit : 5

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:36 pm

I have used Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cream Conditioner for over a decade on my Riviera. It works VERY well to soften leather.

Recently I started using Meguiars Gold Class Leather Spray to give the seats a shine after using the Meguiars Leather Cream Conditioner.
Back to top Go down
Ridin-Rivi
Enthusiast
Ridin-Rivi

Name : Darrin

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 am

l also use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cream and the stuff works great. It makes your seats cleaner and Keeps the leather soft. Stay away from leather shiners like Armor All.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:21 pm

I suggest you get an inexpensive canister of Saddle Soap from a store (groceries, WalMart, etc., carry it - almost anywhere shoe polish is sold). I think it is inexpensive because it is a little messy to use. But one can will last you a LONG LONG time and it works great, actually lifts the dirt out of the leather and leaves a nice shine with protective oils.

after you use the Saddle Soap you can use almost any leather conditioner if you want - or none at all. You can even get away with using the ArmorAll conditioner as long as you wash with saddle soap each time and then condition. But yeah unless you use a cleaner too, I agree with Ridin-Rivi--stay away from leather shiners like ArmorAll.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
riviera2454
Enthusiast
riviera2454

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:18 pm

How about lexol? Anyone ever try their ph cleaner.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

I like the Lexol conditioner for softball gloves.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leather Cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Cleaner   Leather Cleaner Empty

Back to top Go down

Leather Cleaner
Page 1 of 1