Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

interesting comparison of IAT tables

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

interesting comparison of IAT tables Empty
PostSubject: interesting comparison of IAT tables   interesting comparison of IAT tables EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:04 pm

I went to caspers website and downloaded a manual for my timing gauge so that i could set it up and they have some samples of IAT tables.

stock IAT table for 97riv

That is the factory IAT table right off the PCM of my 97 riv super

stock IAT table for 98gtp

That is (according to caspers) the factory IAT table for a 98 gtp

casper IAT table for 98gtp

This is what caspers suggests to be used on that 98gtp for the timing gauge. Obviously you can change whatever you want and add more timing than they do but that looks pretty good to me for now. BTW this is the table that you want to have handy if you get a caspers timing commander gauge for yourself so you have an idea what to import.

Interestingly, if you compare the factory IAT tables between the 97 riv and the 98 gtp, the riv's table backs timing off a little more as temp gets hotter however, unlike the gtp's table, the riv adds 1degree under smaller cylinder airmass levels while the gtp keeps it at 0.

The differences are not huge by number but the tables look like they came from totally different cars. I think I'm going to basically use caspers table and keep my 1+ at the lower airmass levels.

Any other tables you guys in different years have?
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: interesting comparison of IAT tables   interesting comparison of IAT tables EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 pm

BTW if you're confused about the top row of "-8" values on caspers table, it's just a failsafe. If the module, gauge, wiring, etc fails, the pcm defaults to that row and obviously we dont want it to default in a bunch of timing advance. Ignore that row for the purpose of comparison.

quick FYI, the table values are color coded so you can easily understand what values went up, down, stayed the same.

Since we are completely changing the function of this table, it's Inevitable that the gauge selection does not produce a linear addition or subtraction of timing to the base, in fact caspers table is a LONG way from it. They definitely did a lot of changing.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: interesting comparison of IAT tables   interesting comparison of IAT tables EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 pm

And if your car is modded and tune is good enough, you can run the regular IAT with the changed tables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting comparison of IAT tables   interesting comparison of IAT tables Empty

Back to top Go down

interesting comparison of IAT tables
Page 1 of 1