Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Question about installing an electric water pump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EASHER
EASHER

Name : ERIK M. ASHER
Merit : 0

Question about installing an electric water pump Empty
PostSubject: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Has anyone here installed a Meziere electric water pump on their Riv?
How do you route the new shorter belt with the water pump pulley now missing?
I have read you can gain 15HP by going to an electric pump.
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://snardfarker.ning.com/profile/ERIKMASHER
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:58 pm

One or 2 guys are running one, I'm sure they'll chime in. Doesn't seem practical for a street car, from earlier comments I've read. Try a board search for Meziere, should turn up some info.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 pm

I run one. You route the belt the same way just get a 4" shorter belt. The housing of the electric waterpump does not extend out enough to cause interference with the belt. 15hp is wishful thinking. I would imagine you would see 5-7hp gain on the top end on a stock application. If you are heavily modded and are pushing out 400+ you might see a little more. It should be fine on a daily driver- I ran all year with it and experienced no problems, cooling or leaking.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah, it should be fine on a DD, just not really worth the effort and expense, for minimal gain.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Agreed, the Meziere has an expected service life of 3,000 hours. the good is that it runs the same speed all the time and you have great coolant flow even with the motor idling. This keeps any heat from building during a city roll etc. when flow from a stock belt driven pump would be minimal.

If your intent is to change it based on power gains, pass this mod and spend your money on other things. There is no large power gain from the electric wp on our cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about installing an electric water pump   Question about installing an electric water pump Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about installing an electric water pump
Page 1 of 1