Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brmcm15
brmcm15

Name : Brandon
Merit : 0

replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) Empty
PostSubject: replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)   replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

has anyone had to do this???

i have a 97 rviy with almost 97,000 miles on it and after i told my friends dad what just happend to my car he said i need to replace this part so that my key does not keep getting stuck in the ignigtion.......he also said he knos this because he has worked on alot of gtp's with this problem and it keeps getting worse as it happens
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)   replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi,
A few of ours have needed ignition switches, but I haven't heard of any needing the shifter solenoid. What just happened to your car?
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)   replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Today my key got stuck in the ignition. After sevral times puting it in park and moving the shifter and the key I got it out. Could this be the shifter solenoid or the ignition switch? Or somthing else?[/b]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)   replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm

It's not the solenoid, that's only to keep the shifter button from working with the key on & the brake off.

It's either the ignition cylinder or the cable that runs between the ignition & the shifter. This is the usual connection that keeps the shifter locked in Park when the key is off (turned to Lock), and in turn keeps the key from locking the wheel while the shifter is not in Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)   replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II) Empty

Back to top Go down

replacing the shifter solenoid (NA Series II)
Page 1 of 1