Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
riv_problems96
Amateur

Name : magen
Merit : 0

A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? Empty
PostSubject: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Hello,

when i turn on my air, doesnt matter if it is AC or Heat, it makes the sound like it is blowing air, but nothing comes out of ANY of the front vents - only the back seat vent (on the center console) would anyone know what could cause this? could there be a blockage in my vents somewhere and how would i check that?

It was 93 today and only gonna get hotter - please help puzzled
Back to top Go down
riv_problems96
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:17 pm

just some info to help - my car is a 96 s/c riv - and the air used to work - it just stopped working one day suddenly
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 pm

what is the temperature of the air out of the rear vents?

How long have you had the car, and of that time how long has it done this?

Have you checked the fuses yet?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
riv_problems96
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:35 pm

have not checked the fuses - it makes the noise like there should be air coming out the fronts - the air from the back vent is hot but i think it just needs to be recharged - i have had my car since 2005, engine died in 11/2006 and i just got it running earlier this month - it started not blowing air about 2 months or so before the engine died.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Sounds like it could be a blend door actuator motor. What happens when you manually change the airflow position on the climate control?
Back to top Go down
riv_problems96
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm

it will change like it is supposed to and make noise in the area i changed the air flow to, but no actual air coming out
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 pm

could be a linkage then. You'll have to look under the dash to see. Most of the works is above the passenger's feet.
Back to top Go down
riv_problems96
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

ill look in the morning and post what i see - it is just too hot to rely on windpower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?   A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent? Empty

Back to top Go down

A/C doesnt work on front vents, only back seat vent?
Page 1 of 1