Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rejuvenate Auto

Go down 
+3
Mr.Riviera
woggy
xxsupergman25xx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Did anyone ever see this commercial?
no water. just spray it on, wipe it off. seals the finish, fills in tiny scratches.
has anyone ever tried this?
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

was this a billy mays commercial?
I havent heard of it.
do you know if its tv offer only or available at auto parts
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 pm

http://www.flpcorporate.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?products.product_id=757&_layout=Products&_cgifunction=search

i thinks its daryl waltrip. i think the billy mays one ur thinking of is the 8 minute car wash with soap built into the sponge or something.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

...if it sounds too good to be true

i have tried all sorts of sealants and waxes from cheap carnuba's to $50/btl acrylic waxes.

To have the paint looking good takes time. To bring oxidized or contaminated paint back to life takes even more time.

no way on gods green earth is there a chemical that will remove IFO from paint, smooth the surface and add wax in 15min.

tried and true, if you want your paint to look good follow these steps:
1. Wash car section by section in the shade (top to bottom) with soap specifically for cars(dawn will strip wax).
2. Use automotive clay to remove particles in the paint (use clean water and soap as lube between the clay and paint)
3. Wash car again to remove slime and reside left by clay.
4.Completely dry the car with something that does not scratch paint and does not have fabric softener in it. (old bath towels can leave micro swirls)
4-A. buff the car with a RO if you have the training/experience. always start with the most nonabrasive compound as possible and work up from there to remove any oxidation/swirels/cc scratches.
5. Add a layer of synthetic wax (i prefer the NXT in the can)
note:adding it on thick does not give any better protection or shine.
6. remove the wax after it has dried with a clean micro towel
7. add another layer of wax if you feel it needs more shine. you can layer synthetics on synthetics, and carnubas on synthetics, but NOT synthetics on carnuba.
8.maintain it! [wash as often as possible,wax every 90 days, clay every year]

Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 pm

agreed on the "if it sounds to good to be true" then it probably is. weird u mentioned not using dawn....ive never in my life ever heard of someone using non-carwash soap.

im hoping i can get a day to spend waxing my car. pittsburgh weather is a little easier to wash a car. especially at my house...i have a huge tree covering half the driveway.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Really, if it could do all that it wouldn't be cheap. The bottles would be outrageously high. Just like those annoying scammer emails I get "Do you want to make money searching Google?". If it worked, everyone would just be using Google all day and getting nothing done.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:28 pm

agree
they price it just low enough, you think "oh well, for that price i'll give it a try" then they have your $20 and you have a bottle of quick detail spray that cost 4x what it should.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
Ash

Name : Marty
Merit : 4

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:56 pm

It seems there is at least a dozen "snake oils" for most anything out there.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Why wouldn't you want to remove wax during washing - if you intend on clay barring it and applying new wax?
Especially if you don't know what kind of wax is on the car. Wouldn't you want to strip it off and start fresh?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:12 pm

It's probably a chemical similar to the acrylic floor finishes like "mop & glo" and probably works under certain conditionsoutlined on the label directions - such as car is in sun/in shade/wet/dry/whatever. If it is an acrylic, I'd be concerned about it yellowing due to UV exposure. And about chemical reaction with paint making repairs/repaint tough.

Any idea what it might be?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Rickw wrote:
Why wouldn't you want to remove wax during washing - if you intend on clay barring it and applying new wax?
Especially if you don't know what kind of wax is on the car. Wouldn't you want to strip it off and start fresh?

i was going to mention that, but wax wears off pretty quick, and claying the car will remove wax too.

you can use dish soap or something like degreaser to "strip" the clearcoat and start new. but you only really need to do this if you recently put on a carnuba wax and want to change it to synthetic.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rejuvenate Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rejuvenate Auto   Rejuvenate Auto Empty

Back to top Go down

Rejuvenate Auto
Page 1 of 1