Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Pulling fenders and door

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikel
Enthusiast

Name : Mikel
Merit : 2

Pulling fenders and door Empty
PostSubject: Pulling fenders and door   Pulling fenders and door EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Hello,
This Saturday I'll be going to my local junkyard to pull the fenders and doors off a Riviera. The fenders look a bit unusual, as I don't see any bolts in the door jamb area. I'm guessing those are accessible from the inner fender?

Pulling the door looks pretty straightforward, but how about the cabling? Is there a connector that will unplug the entire door forom the body?
Thank you.
Mikel
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Pulling fenders and door   Pulling fenders and door EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 pm

No electrical connector on our doors. Either need to disconnect everything from inside door panel or cut the main harness at the boot.
I don't know about the fender removal. Maybe someone else here has some experience with that.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Pulling fenders and door   Pulling fenders and door EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 am

Rickw wrote:
Either need to disconnect everything from inside door panel or cut the main harness at the boot.
agree
The fender is held on with bolts along the top edge, where the seal is for the hood, one of them is behind the hood hinge, a bolt behind the cornerlamp, and a retainer at the lower rear corner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling fenders and door   Pulling fenders and door Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulling fenders and door
Page 1 of 1