Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 and up changes and compatability

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred
Merit : 4

95 and up changes and compatability Empty
PostSubject: 95 and up changes and compatability   95 and up changes and compatability EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 pm

I just got an email from my local pull a part, they just got a 95 riv on the lot yesterday. i am going up there to see if i can salvage anything from it (fingers crossed that it is either a gray interior or black interior)

I know the radio and HVAC is different on the 95s but will i be able to put the dash panel on mine. i know that if this part was different at all it would not be significantly different from a cosmetic POV.

The other question i have is seats. i know there is a wright up on here regarding the removal of the seats. it involves pushing the seat all the way forward. being a salvaged car will i still be able to remove the seats without much extra fuss from not being able to adjust them? (and will the 95 seats have the same controls as my car and be a direct bolt in?)

Thats all i have for now, im sure i can think of something else that i need from that car.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: 95 and up changes and compatability   95 and up changes and compatability EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 pm

the dash is also different on the 95 vs 96+.
the main differences i can think of off the top of my head are:

95's have metal belt buckles, metal brake peddle, suspension if completely different from A arm to strut mount. Motor and transmission are completely different. brakes, dash panel, pcm, and electronics are different.

body, seats and exterior parts are all the same.

You would have to bring a 12v battery to move the seat and remove it.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 95 and up changes and compatability   95 and up changes and compatability EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:48 pm

The salvage yard wants to sell salvage as much as you want to buy it.

See if they have a battery you can temporarily connect to the Riv, or one of those portable 'jumpstart' battery paks you can connect to the electrical system for a few minutes to scoot the seats forward.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 and up changes and compatability   95 and up changes and compatability Empty

Back to top Go down

95 and up changes and compatability
Page 1 of 1