Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Antenna will not go all the down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1996RIV CALI
Amateur
1996RIV CALI

Merit : 0

Antenna will not go all the down Empty
PostSubject: Antenna will not go all the down   Antenna will not go all the down EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 pm

is there some kind of lube to fix this.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Antenna will not go all the down   Antenna will not go all the down EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I was researching this a while back and the information I found was that the antenna itself should never get any lubricant, and should only be cleaned with a dry wipedown. Lubricants tend to collect dirt/dust, and make the antenna worse over time.

That said, I have only had bad luck with poorly functioning GM power antennas, and replacement has been the only thing that worked for me.

My Riv's antenna has not given me a problem, yet...
Back to top Go down
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Antenna will not go all the down   Antenna will not go all the down EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Got the same problme too. Just wipe it down of all the dirt and it should return to normal. Mine always does.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Antenna will not go all the down   Antenna will not go all the down EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:45 pm

...and make sure the drain tube out the bottom is (a) there (b) routed out of the car (c) not clogged. You can easily replace it with vinyl tubing from Home Depot or a piece of I think 3/8 or 1/4" vac tubing or some such if there's a problem.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antenna will not go all the down   Antenna will not go all the down Empty

Back to top Go down

Antenna will not go all the down
Page 1 of 1