Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation

Go down 
+43
stan
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
llamalor2112
abaucom
al_roethlisberger
69GSColorado
BMD
ghpcnm
dboydakid
Eldo
vovchik
robotennis61
#1BearsFan
Rickw
LARRY70GS
Mr.Riviera
TonySmooth89
patillac
KillaKeninaRiv
ibmoses
ToledoRIv
sburch23
Kustom Kreationz
oldsman105
jimmyriv
IBx1
ewolfe0050
Natesriv
palermocorey90
mr.19982tone
Ridin-Rivi
robertwolf86
T Riley
turtleman
97rivman
AA
racinfan
xxsupergman25xx
SpaceBar
Jack the R
99Rivman
97Riv-Jon
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Wrapped. You can see the plastic bosses and tool marks on the back side. Nice job, though.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

Last edited by AA on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm not a huge fan of CF, real or fake.... got burned out on it being on every tuner car and motorcycle in the 2000s. BUT I do like that pattern and the black color would probably really help break up the monochrome door panels.

Is that a decal or?

Very interesting thumbsup
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:09 pm

vinal wrap. thats the only one i got done (yep thats all me with my hands some scissors and a heat gun) before i got called in for work. now itll be at least 5-6 weeks before i get to play with my riv again frown
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 am

call out man.....haha...
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 am

?????stan????
Back to top Go down
Yardley
Enthusiast

Merit : 2

PostSubject: Sherwood Dash Kit - Disappointment   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:30 pm

My REAL WOOD dash kit arrived today. And the arm rest pieces are NOT stenciled! Where does the manufacturing process break down? I'm sure at least two people handled the final product before it was sealed in the shipping box, and neither of them noticed it wasn't labled? I'll call them Monday and complain. What a PITA. I bet at least HALF of everything I buy from auto vendors is incorrect or poorly made. headbutt gripe 
Back to top Go down
http://www.1badriv.com
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 pm

It might just be me but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sherwood kits aren't labelled?

:Edit: this is incorrect. The sherwood kits are in fact labeled.

Last edited by llamalor2112 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:58 am

llamalor2112 wrote:
It might just be me but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sherwood kits aren't labelled?
My Sherwood kit sure was.  In fact, the passenger side piece was labeled wrong, and I didn't realize it until I tried to use the lock button, and found that they had reversed the "Lock", and "Unlock".  Sent them a photo, and they sent a replacement.  To remove the one I had installed, I had to use a heat gun, and pry it off.  Came off in about 50 pieces. The BD kits are the ones that aren't labeled.

dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 DashKit7

dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 DashKit1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Yardley
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Larry, What did you do to get your Riv logo onto the dash aplique? Did you pry it off before and then glue it on? Or are they available new from the dealer?
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:31 pm

My Sherwood was labeled. I suppose I was lucky...no problems at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Yardley wrote:
Larry, What did you do to get your Riv logo onto the dash aplique? Did you pry it off before and then glue it on? Or are they available new from the dealer?
I did pry it off. I removed the dash panel to install the 2 pieces that cover the dash.  The holes for that logo are in the stock dash along with the recess for it.  I drilled the 2 holes all the way through to the back side.  After I had installed that part of the dash kit, I again drilled the two holes from back to front, through the just installed dash kit piece applique.  Then just pushed the logo on in the stock location.  I drilled the holes for a press fit, so it doesn't need any glue.  It stays in place, and that is the exact stock location.  Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:13 pm

man.....
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 am

ghpcnm wrote:
My Sherwood was labeled. I suppose I was lucky...no problems at all.
agree 
Mine was also labeled, there are pics of it on a couple of pages in this write-up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:30 am

LARRY70GS wrote:

Yardley wrote:

I did pry it off.  I removed the dash panel to install the 2 pieces that cover the dash.  The holes for that logo are in the stock dash along with the recess for it.  I drilled the 2 holes all the way through to the back side.  After I had installed that part of the dash kit, I again drilled the two holes from back to front, through the just installed dash kit piece applique.  Then just pushed the logo on in the stock location.  I drilled the holes for a press fit, so it doesn't need any glue.  It stays in place, and that is the exact stock location.  Hope that helps.
On mine I took the clips off from the backside and reinstalled it with two sided tape, the pins/clips wouldn't work after adding the thickness of the dash kit. I just had to trim the 3M tape to fit, drilling the holes smaller for a press/interference fit was a good idea though. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
abaucom
Enthusiast

Name : Al Baucom
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Sorry you had installation issues. My wood lamitated kit is so beautiful, did not make an attempt to apply the Riv. script on the dash. Riviera 'Script' is in a zip lock bag in the glove box.
Back to top Go down
Yardley
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 pm

No installation issues yet... haven't even begun. Won't start until I get replacements with stenciling. And I will drill interference holes and use a small piece of double-sided tape to hold emblem in place.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:27 am

What is everyone cleaning their kits with? I know I saw someone mention a Zaino polish, but I can't find that info anymore and nothing on Zaino's site looks quite right. I'm not seeing any cleaning info on BD Trims site either.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 am

I just use the spray Armor All for plastics. It works great as long as you wipe it all off, otherwise it will smudge. The stuff also works great for the external grey trim.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 8:49 am

Jack the R wrote:
What is everyone cleaning their kits with?  I know I saw someone mention a Zaino polish, but I can't find that info anymore and nothing on Zaino's site looks quite right.  I'm not seeing any cleaning info on BD Trims site either.  

I just "dust" mine off and use ... "Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish" ... on it!

I figure it is some kind of acrylic finish that just needs a good polish to keep its shine, so that is the polish I use. Of course if you aren't already using Zaino products for the rest of the car it would be pretty pricey to just get their polish for the dash kit. I would guess any quality polish would work fine though.

Mine doesn't really get dirty so dusting it works OK for me, if is does actually need cleaning I wouldn't use anything more than a damp cloth, it shouldn't need more than that I wouldn't think? You don't want to do too much or it will probably have an adverse effect on the finish?
Back to top Go down
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

Name : Rod
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Okay. Who makes the BEST REAL wood dashes for 1996 Rivera? Sherwood, BD or B&I? (am I missing any choices?) I am not interested in vinyl wraps or fake wood options.   I will read through this thread in the meantime, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Okay, it seems Sherwood is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 am

Someone wanted to know how these look with a blue interior.

Back to top Go down
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 1:11 am

No one has mentioned B&I so here is a link:

https://www.wooddash.com/category/BUICK_Dash_Kits_BUICKRIVIERA
Back to top Go down
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 3:08 pm

I just received my Sherwood kit today. It is supposed to be real rosewood. It looks like photo paper to me. I guess I expected what Cadillac had for real wood. Aluminum and real wood veneer covered in polyurethane. This looks like vinyl through and through with photo paper under more clear vinyl. I ordered from Auto Accessories Garage out of Canada. Very quick shipping however. So is it real wood? It is so flexible I cannot imagine even the thinnest veneer standing up to any bending this can stand up to. It is almost like taking very hot chocolate chip cookies off the bake sheet. It bends under its own weight. Comments appreciated please.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm

I have the Real Rosewood Sherwood Dash kit.  Bought mine 10 years ago at least.  Does it look like this?

DashKit1

Back to top Go down
skatterbrane
Enthusiast
skatterbrane

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Yes, it LOOKs like that. BTW, how do you get the factory trim off from around the shifter quadrant?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   dash kits - Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next