Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback

Go down 
+18
Rickw
robotennis61
T Riley
Abaddon
madrivage
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
turtleman
flyineagle96
LARRY70GS
ZEP
Eldo
1998 Riv
DEMonte1997
TonySmooth89
Jockomo62
AA
urbsnspices
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 7:03 pm

from L32 install thread:
Everyone praises ZZP like they are the perfect vendor. Dont believe the hype. Popular opinion is wrong again. puke My order sat at ZZP for 14 days with out so much as an email or anything. I emailed 3 times in an effort to get an update. Finally I call them to cancel the order. I email Intense and they have one in stock and even say that if I order by 3pm it will be shipped the same day. cheers Sweet, then when I am checking out I see this:
http://www.intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=INT-KBP-FREE

Free boot protectors with order. Bonus! read Sure they probibly arent needed, but they will look cool. Anyway, dont believe the hype, check out intense-racing.com. In many cases their prices are cheaper then other vendors.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: temp   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 8:12 pm

That's too bad about ZZP. I've always dealt with INTENSE exclusively, so I just assumed ZZP was just as good with their service (based on what I've heard). Guess not. I know for sure INTENSE has their $h!† together. Sometimes you pay a little more, but it's worth it, imo.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jockomo62
Special

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Transmission   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:04 am

5 weeks ago my trans went out on my '95 Riviera and I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere. AAMCO was the only shop around and I had to have it rebuillt at the cost of $2900. With less than 500 miles on this rebuild trans it goes out again. I bring back to AAMCO who has now had my car for 11 days and they tell me my trans went out again because the differential failed. They say since the differential is not part of the trans they would not normally cover this but out of the kindness of their heart they will this time. Is the differential part of the trans? AAMCO says it is an external part to the trans. Also I have had to rent another car for past 11 days at a cost $450 which AAMCO says is their policy not to cover. This has been the worst mechanical experience I have ever had. I would strongly urge everyone to avoid AAMCO because they will not treat their customers properly.
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 am

2900? thats outrageous for a standard rebuild. and IIRC the differential is an external part , but unlless you've been driving it very hard i dont see the differential failing on a stock 95 riv like that.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: temp   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:01 am

Every AAMCO is independently operated, and will have different levels of quality and customer service. I had a trans rebuild at AAMCO about 3 months ago for $2100 out the door. Mine was totally trashed. They told me it was one of the most involved rebuilds they've done without a replacement, replaced a lot of parts, including the torque converter. So for as much as they charged you, it might have been a previously remanufactured unit that replaced yours.

The differential is separate from the actual transmission, but they are able to inspect it (and they should) when they remove the unit. If yours failed so quickly, it is something they should've caught during the rebuild, or [i]very possibly something they caused[i] during install. My AAMCO rebuilder checked mine to be fine. Your guys knew they were in the wrong; it's the reason they are fixing for free, imo.

I paid for a rental, too. AAMCO doesn't cover it.

If you have any further issues, go to a different AAMCO location. The warranty is good at any of their locations. It sounds like the one you picked is a bit on the shady side.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:48 pm

This is not your typical vendor...

Digitaldashsolutions. You can find him on ebay. I got a climate control from him and the display on it is already dimming. Vendor won't work with me on a replacement whatsoever. The guy who owns that place, Carl, is not easy to deal with. In hindsite, I should have just soldiered it myself but I'm not really great at that kind of thing.

So there you have it. Buyer beware. frown
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah, that's just stupid.

Thanks for filling us in on this vendor. I've heard of them, but don't know anyone who has tried out their products, until now.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Digitaldashsolutions is the vendor. You can find him on ebay.

Are you sure about that name? I just ran the eBay member search every way I could, and he didn't come up.

There are a couple of guys with excellent records on there, and I think someone on this board used one of them. Either 'mandigital' or 'speedometer_repair_service'... 99.9% and 100% feedback respectively.
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:22 am

I was going to send my climate control in to that vendor but I am glad that I read this post first. Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Eldo wrote:

Are you sure about that name? I just ran the eBay member search every way I could, and he didn't come up.

Okay, now I found it: it's "digital_dash_solutions". You have to be exact to find anyone with the eBay search...

Funny, the guy also has a 99.9% FB rating, with thousands of transactions - You better get your ass back there and give HIM a neg!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm

I used Digital Dash Solutions and had absolutely no problems what so ever. He shipped very quickly, and my HVAC control was mint. Did you follow his directions? He has a 90 day guarantee.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 am

My CC began to fade right after the 90 day time period. It was well after I had an opportunity to give him marks via ebay. I don't think I can reverse the positive mark I gave him previously.

Heck, I was probably an anomaly but he wouldn't work with me whatsoever on fixing it. The guy is a jerk. (He lives right up the road from me in Dayville, CT but that's a different story). Considering the niche market he is in (fixing what appears to be many GM digital units), you'd think he would be a little more pleasant.

It's enough of a PITA to get the unit out of the dash the first time but having to do it multiple times... well, it gets annoying. I don't think I'm asking for a miracle from the guy. Just figured he would give me an email saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, please send the unit back to me and I'll repair it free of cost.". Instead, I got the email "If it is within the warranty period, I'll fix it." That was after having to email him three times over two weeks. I understand having warranty stipulations but think of it this way... If his reconditioned units only last three months, who the heck would bother getting one? Seems kind of silly. I got one from him because I figured it would probably outlast the life of the car.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Well, I guess next time around you can try resoldering the joints yourself. If you have a soldering gun or iron, it's not difficult at all, because you're already starting with solder in place, you just add a little more rosin-core after the original stuff melts.

I didn't know that it could be just joints when I fixed mine, because I did it before I joined this site. I spent about the same, $50 for 2 used units on eBay, and combined the parts to have the correct outer case, an unscratched lens, and a couple of new buttons to replace scratched ones (a woman's fingernails, no doubt.) When I read about it on here, I kicked myself for not thinking about solder joints in the first place, but at least I was able to do a one-day swap this way...
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 pm

I wanted to share an experience with 1010Tires.com, not 3800 specific, but be on the lookout. Here is my experience:

• ordered aluminum hub-centric spacers on 3/8/10 via online site
• paid $34.99 + $12.44 shipping
• received package about 5 days later
• tested product, measured incorrect size, would not fit my wheels
• called 1010Tires at 1-888-825-MAGS (6247), spoke to rep
• plan of action: will find correct size, send out within 1 week
• 1 week later, no package, no communication
• called 1010Tires at 1-888-825-MAGS (6247), spoke to (same) rep
• rep claims email was sent saying correct size could not be located
• no email was found
• future parts will not be available for "2-3 months"
• rep stated "it was not anyone's fault", no refunds could be given
• I suggested correct size plastic parts ($10 less) be sent
• rep agreed, but would not refund the difference in price

So now I have plastic spacers instead of aluminum, and I paid $10 more than I should. I only agreed to this because 1010Tires wasn't giving me my money back anyway, so I tried to get something out of the deal.

I will try the plastic ones, but I think I will eventually replace them with aluminum from another supplier. This was my first purchase from 1010Tire, and I have no interest in dealing with them again.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 pm

that place sucks thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 am

WTF, how could it not be anyone's fault??? THEY sent you incorrect parts, it's THEIR fault. What a ripoff operation. Thanks for the warning.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I ordered a set of 1.95 yella terra rockers, retainers, and valve seals from intense last friday. I got a call from them saying that the 1.95 rockers were discontinued by the manufacterer and asked if I wanted to go with the 1.9 (they immediately removed the 1.95 from the ordering options) . Fine, but they don't have those in stock either because they are waiting for a shipment from yella terra. End of this month is what I got for an ETA. At first, I didn't think that would be a big deal but Manny wants them sooner. ZZP has them in stock but I can't order from them until I get my paypal refunded from intense and they didn't answer the last 6 times I tried calling this week during business hours. I didn't leave any message though because I wanted to talk to someone and ask about the refund and such.

When I talked to them before though, it was suggested that lately, 3800 stuff is sorely loosing priority to LS1/etc parts. There's nothing wrong with that - it's a business and the 3800 is old, but I'm seeing little reason to continue supporting Intense if they don't have what I need. This is just one more little thing but WBS and ZZP are still making new products for 3800s now. When's the last time Intense has brought something new to the table..? If I get into something with an LS? under the hood, I'll remember Intense but lately, they aren't doin' it for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:18 am

Funny you brought this thread up.
I placed an order with ZZP last Thursday (8/9) for a L32 gasket and N* adapter. I always get my parts from then in 4 days UPS ground. Never had any problem with parts delay so I planned on installing the gen V tomorrow seeing as thought he part should have been here on tuse/wend. But as of yesterday (8/17) i still had no shipping email. Yet my account was charged...
I emailed zoomer and he looked into it. No explanation but my package finally got shipped out today. Now it wont be here till Tuesday afternoon frown

Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:46 am

I think I might have related this "way back when".

When I bought my MPS from ZZP, it did take 2 weeks to get the pulley-puller I rented sorted out, because the double-ended center-bolts they sent were not sized properly...

However, I never had any ignored emails, attitude, or lost $$ from Zooomer. We went back & forth with emails and pictures, he tested bolts for me with a micrometer, and he eventually agreed that they had a batch that was too long to safely use with the puller... He thanked me for my research and custom-made the bolts I needed, and the job went on from there right according to plan.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:13 am

If INTENSE verbally communicated to you that the 3800 parts market plays 2nd fiddle to the LS1 market, I think there is something wrong with that from a business perspective. Such a statement, although it might be true, is not appropriate to share with customers. I don't know if they volunteered the info, or were responding to your inquiry, but it sounds like they told you your business was unimportant to them.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:48 pm

As I understand things there, Intense hasn't been the same since Scott left. But still, it should have been an instant refund when you communicated to them that you didn't want to wait for the parts. They should indicate on their site if something is out of stock before you place the order.
Back to top Go down
madrivage
madrivage

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Problems with GM parts direct???   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Anybody have any problems with GMpartsdirect??I put in an order for 2 trans mounts to the tune of $357.00...THREE WEEKS AGO!!Last night I get an email telling me they "may have sent the wrong parts",and I should "let them know" when I receive them.Yea...well,I got an ASHTRAY in the mail today NOT EVEN FOR A RIV!!! They don't have a phone number to call either!!! I am flaming pissed right now I've waited 3 f-ing weeks for an ashtray to the tune of $357 dollars (which they already pulled from my account )!! I am LIVID to say the least!!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:17 pm

I hope that ash tray is Platinum.....That sux man. I'd be diving through my monitor in the hopes of finding someones neck to squeeze puzzled
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Only problem I've ever had with GMPD is close to what you describe. They get their orders mixed up sometimes, but once they figure it out they will fix it. Often takes a little time. Once they sent my order for a strut tower brace to another Riviera Performance member, Jack the R!

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 pm

AA wrote:
Only problem I've ever had with GMPD is close to what you describe. They get their orders mixed up sometimes, but once they figure it out they will fix it. Often takes a little time. Once they sent my order for a strut tower brace to another Riviera Performance member, Jack the R!

LOL.. that was EPIC Aaron..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback   Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendor Experience - Customer Feedback
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General-
Jump to: