Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

turn signal lense removal

Go down 
+7
AA
Rivi Man
1998 Riv
T Riley
ZEP
99Rivman
turtleman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

turn signal lense removal Empty
PostSubject: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Has anyone removed their front turn signal lens? I'm having some trouble with it. I can't really see what's actually holding it in mad
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 2:30 pm

There are three clips that hold each one in from the back. I use two small screwdrivers and pry the clips apart and slide them off of the plastic tab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Turn Signal Lamp Removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Anyone happen to know how to remove the orange turn signal lamps? I'm thinking of having them smoked soon. I just hate having a multitude of colors on my car (green, chrome, black, orange, red...).

I'm assuming I'd go through the fender cover. But I'm not totally sure. Anyone have experience?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 pm

ZEP wrote:
Anyone happen to know how to remove the orange turn signal lamps? I'm thinking of having them smoked soon. I just hate having a multitude of colors on my car (green, chrome, black, orange, red...).

I'm assuming I'd go through the fender cover. But I'm not totally sure. Anyone have experience?

go to your cornering lamp

get on your knee's

push down on the level part of the bumper underneath the corner light

remove that bolt............... dunno what size it is... grimace
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:29 pm

You're telling him to go thru the cornering lamp, to get to the orange turn signal lens? Don't know about that, but haven't done it myself.

I'd have to go look, but seems to me you'd get at it from underneath. Have you taken a close look under/behind the bumper to look for access?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:46 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
You're telling him to go thru the cornering lamp, to get to the orange turn signal lens? Don't know about that, but haven't done it myself.

I'd have to go look, but seems to me you'd get at it from underneath. Have you taken a close look under/behind the bumper to look for access?

AH SHOOOOOOT................. i was talking about the CLEAR CORNER light RIGHT by the headlight MY MISTAKE IM SORRY
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Hey, sh*t happens. poop rotf
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:07 pm

They are held on with spring clips from the back side of the light housing. There are three tabs on the inside of the bumper cover that they are attached to. I'm sure there is a special tool to remove the clips but I just used two small screw drivers to pry the clips apart and removed them from the tab, then the assembly slides off.
Be very careful though the tabs are made of the same material as the bumper cover and the clips are made of steel, guess which one will win in a tug of war!
I can get pictures if that would help, would probably be tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
Rivi Man
Special

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:42 am

I wish they had the turn signal lens in clear...I think it would really compliment the riviara more....if theres anyone out there that know where i can find them please notify me...Thanks!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:30 pm

I figured while I had it apart I'd get a pic or two, here is how these lamps are held in:
turn signal lense removal _95_pa17

A close-up of the clip, pry it apart and pull it from the tab and the light slides out.
turn signal lense removal _95_pa18
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Nice photos, thanks!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
duster_do_little
Enthusiast
duster_do_little

Name : Dustin
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Okay, so I'm a bit lost. My front driver turn signal burnt out. I opened the hood and no dice from in there. Then I got on my back and undid one of the pop rivets and pulled the bottom piece back and still can't really figure out how I'm supposed to reach up in there and get the old bulb out and the new one in.

Any help would be great. I've been putting off replacing it until decent weather and today was our first above freezing day in a couple weeks, but now I can't figure out how to do it :/
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 5:45 pm

After you get the inner fender out of the way, just grasp teh bulb socket and twist it 1/4 turn. It's all plastic so it wiil turn without too much hassle. Bulb is a 168 or 194 IIRC. There is enough wire to the socket that once you get it out of the housing it will hang down pretty far, making it easy enough to replace the bulb.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Albert is right about pulling the inner fender out of the way, actually the "two" push pins that hold the very front lower part of it anyway. The “marker” light is a 194 bulb but if the problem is the “running/turn signal bulb”, it is either an 1157 or a 3057; I can't remember exactly which right this minute. That info is in the owners’ manual though.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks you are right, Randall - pretty sure the turn signal is 3057 - double-check in the bulb book at the parts store/Wal-Mart/Target/KMart/what have you.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
duster_do_little
Enthusiast
duster_do_little

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Well, it's the turn signal bulb, but I have a feeling that replacing it will only be a temp fix, because I have a hole in my lens cover and there's some snow in it. I would assume that's why it failed in the first place. Is it much harder to take the lens cover off to put a new one on?

I know this right up shows how to do it, but the pictures are with the bumper off, and I can't see myself getting in there to pry those metal clips off with the bumper on.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:13 pm

try getting used t/s from Ed Morad.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:25 pm

If you pull the pins that hold the inner wheel well in and remove it, there is actually a fair amount of room. It can be done with the bumper on the car. You just have to use a tool that will get you in there and also be able to pry the clips apart.
Back to top Go down
duster_do_little
Enthusiast
duster_do_little

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 am

99Rivman wrote:
If you pull the pins that hold the inner wheel well in and remove it, there is actually a fair amount of room. It can be done with the bumper on the car. You just have to use a tool that will get you in there and also be able to pry the clips apart.

Okay, thanks. I'll embark on it this weekend, weather permitting.
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

PostSubject: HELP   turn signal lense removal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 am

My front marker light is out on the passenger side of my car, I dont know how to get to the bulb, do i have to go in through the fender or what? Anybody have pictures or instructions to help me out?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 am

jack up the right side of the car , partially remove the dust cover at the underneath of the car at the front or remove completly,it makes the job easier,reach up and remove bulb ,instal new one ,replace cover.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turn signal lense removal   turn signal lense removal Empty

Back to top Go down

turn signal lense removal
Page 1 of 1