Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Noise coming from tranny area

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NO 4 EVR
Addict
NO 4 EVR

Name : Troy
Merit : 1

Noise coming from tranny area Empty
PostSubject: Noise coming from tranny area   Noise coming from tranny area EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 10:19 pm

Hey all. When I start my car up, usually when cold, I hear a noise coming from the engine area. I used to think it was the s/c or a pulley on its way out, but its not as I ran the car with no belts. I have narrowed it down to the tranny area. It sounds like something is spinning, but I can hear it spinning very clearly.

Its been going on for a while and I'm not too worried. Just wondered if anyone else heard something like this. I can post a vid w/ sound, can't promise great quality tho.

The sound also gets louder and changes pitch when I move the gear selector to 1. I checked fluid and it is full, good color, and doesnt smell burnt. Just hope it is not the TCC. Other than that the tranny is rebuilt over the summer.

Any suggestions = cool
Back to top Go down

Noise coming from tranny area
Page 1 of 1