Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Back in Black

Go down 
+45
Bullitt
buickhunter
gunmetalRED
J. Chris Davis
99Rivman
jbird
llamalor2112
chitown_riv98
ZEP
Johnny5
matt270avian
96_Juggernaut
highwaywarrior
al_roethlisberger
Yoss
charlieRobinson
cumminssmoker
bigdave
joshuadalegrimes
sburch23
c0reyl
IBx1
pbrktrt
Selcouth
DEMonte1997
LARRY70GS
flyineagle96
Mattwa
Jason
stan
AA
Natesriv
albertj
denim
lyonsperformance
robotennis61
gmann3001
th3fr4nchi5e
deekster_caddy
ghpcnm
RidzRiv
nothincame2mind
Z-type
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Back in Black - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Black   Back in Black - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 10:57 pm

At one time I had installed the ACDelco/Raybestos "performance" rotors, they are the slotted and drilled rotors GM used, supposedly, on certain F-bodies. I don't see the "performance" rotors per se on RockAuto.Com anymore. Yiu can get similar rotors as PowerStop brand, which I have not used.

I very much like the ATE rotors I have on the car now. I got them from AutohausAZ.com, and they don't seem to be available there (or anyplace else) any more. The ATEs have been durable and reliable. I am on my 3rd set of pads and 2nd set calipers with those rotors.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

Back in Black - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Black   Back in Black - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:45 am

Well, I know it may be a while from now but when I need new pads I'll look into what's left of the 'stock' performance category. Can't hurt!

Got the car back yesterday morning and paid the bill. It stops better and smoother than it ever did so I'm happy with all the new stuff I had to get put on it. We also had Car Day yesterday, and I'll make a separate post for that, like always wink .

EDIT: I'd forgotten how much I missed this car. My T-type is a bit quicker, but the Riv has a different, more fulfilling type of power and level of comfort that I haven't had in 3 weeks. Nothing compares. Love these cars.
Back to top Go down

Back in Black
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16