Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New Owner. Took a While

Go down 
+4
99Rivman
th3fr4nchi5e
stan
Rivit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivit
Enthusiast
Rivit

Name : Jim
Merit : 22

New Owner. Took a While Empty
PostSubject: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm

18 years ago I test drove the car of my dreams. Unfortunately finances at the time were tight and smart wife strongly discouraged purchase. Fast forward 18 years, that VERY car became available and smart wife saved 30 grand and brought it home as a gift!  

Signature should (hopefully) reflect it being a 95 SC, Bright White/Graphite, Stock and with only 35,800 miles, Original (one & only) owner, kept it garaged and dealer maintained.  

Everything works!  WooHoo!  This site is wonderful and I've spent hours perusing and being  impressed with all the knowledge contained and shared. Numerous questions will be forth coming but my ownership goal is to keep "Rivy" meticulously maintained and reliably enhanced.

Last edited by Rivit on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Welcome Rivit!what kept you?...hahaha....
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Wow, great find with that low mileage! By graphite do you mean the interior color? Sounds like a nice combo and one Ive never seen! Im sure you'll find that it was well worth the wait. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
Wow, great find with that low mileage!

agree

I like the look of the graphite interior, wish they would have used it in more than just the '95! It sounds like a great color combo!

That will be the interior I am going to transplant into my "first" '65, and planning on using the Smokey Amethyst Metallic paint on it too.

Nice find, show us some pictures rock
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 am

CONGRATULATIONS !!! clap 
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Fantastic find. Always keeping an eye out for low mileage ones myself.

Am definitely a fan of the white smile
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Welcome! Glad you were able to find the one you were after!

These cars age very well in some areas, but there are some where they don't. Hopefully your low milage example is aging with grace and beauty!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:47 pm

My story is close to yours Rivit, only when I test drove the '95 I drove it was Jan of '96 and at the time we were looking for a car for the wife and "it" didn't seem like what she needed. I didn't find the exact one I had test driven but in the summer of '99 I found one that had been a one owner/leased car that was identical to the one I had driven in '96! I ended up getting it four days after I looked at it.

Congratulations again yay
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Rivit
Enthusiast
Rivit

Name : Jim
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Additional New "Showroom"  engine bay pic added. After 99Rivman pointed out 6,2 & 4 wires along with alternator ground were routed incorrectly. Thanks Randall. So why would they have been placed on top of the supercharger instead of under it?  

This site has me constantly finding new and interesting factoids about the Riviera. It's also scaring the bejesus out of me on all that can go wrong. Oh well the price was right, always desired one and style is soooooooooooooooooo good looking!!!!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Dont be skeered of the Riv...the Riv is not skeered of you suspect 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner. Took a While   New Owner. Took a While Empty

Back to top Go down

New Owner. Took a While
Page 1 of 1