Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Stereo Receiver Relocation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Stereo Receiver Relocation  Empty
PostSubject: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Has anyone moved their receiver below to the lower console where the cd holder and ash tray are stock?

Any posts on here you may know about showing how to get the stereo wiring most efficiently down there?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:10 pm

As far as wiring you probably won't have enough to go down there from the factory. Just get an aftermarket harness and extend the wires to wherever you needed.
Back to top Go down
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

Name : Ruben
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 am

I've been thinking of this for a while. Maybe put an Android tablet or GPS in the OEM Radio opening GPS
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:54 pm

If anyone is wondering, the Google nexus 7 fits PERFECT into the 95 dash. Matches the trim and opening like it was made for it.  Not sure about the slightly different 96+ opening in the trim, but at least the shape of the space back behind the trim would also be the same across both versions.  I could grab some pics if anyone is interested.  I don't have the Nexus built in permanent, I just happen to have a gaping hole there on the 95, and found its great to stick the nexus into.  Eventually when its not my mobile tablet its going to go in.

Edit:
And to answer the original question, I've done exactly that on the 95. Really really easy. There is lots of slack on the stock wires anyway, so by adding in the typical off the shelf GM-->Aftermarket deck adapter, you have enough length to run it down there with no cutting of wires or anything. I think my adapter harness was a scosche thingie, but there are lots out there.

Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:44 am

Andrew, please post pics of your setup! I'd love to see it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Receiver Relocation    Stereo Receiver Relocation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stereo Receiver Relocation
Page 1 of 1