Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

"Door Ajar" light stays on

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rivillac
Enthusiast
Rivillac

Name : Kevin
Merit : 13

"Door Ajar" light stays on Empty
PostSubject: "Door Ajar" light stays on   "Door Ajar" light stays on EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:46 pm

That's it.  It's been doing it for about 3 weeks.  At first it was intermittent but now it's on All. The. Time.  mad  Kind of annoying really, especially driving at night. The interior lights operate normally so I'm assuming it's not a switch problem, although I wouldn't put it past the GM electrical engineers of the day to have multiple switches for that.

Both doors are closed.  I checked that first.  Twice.  Both of them.  happy

I've been poking through the FSMs and I can't find any reference to it.  Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing?  "Door Ajar" Lamp?  Door Warning Indicator?  Hey Stupid Close Your Door Light?  

Any thoughts?

FWIW, while trying to fix this problem by being lazy, I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner into both of my door latch mechanisms to possibly free up a stuck switch, and I have noticed that the totally random RAP has gone away and operates normally.
Back to top Go down

"Door Ajar" light stays on
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: