Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
5 rivs rgt now
Special

Merit : 0

alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on Empty
PostSubject: alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on   alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 11:22 pm

anyone had this problem 95 sc
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on Empty
PostSubject: Re: alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on   alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 1:03 am

yah i did. it was because the dum asses that installed my motor switched my ground wire that lead up to my alt. so with that said start the car up. next you wanna take some jumper cables. take the red cable and hook it up the alt wire that bolts to the alt, then take the other red cable end and hook that up to the battery jump box. it should be locate on the passenger under the hood of the car. take the black cable and hook that up to a good ground, like the alt case. take the other black cable and hook that up to a good ground. now if you see sparks the minute you touch the red cable to the jump box after hooking the other cable to the alt. then you might wanna run an 8 gauge wire from your alt to the jump box and take the wire thats running to the alt now and bolt that to one of the alt brackets. its really easy to do. by the way if sparks fly the car will cut off, but quickly take the cable off the jump box.

now if nothing happens, then you might wanna go and look at the dash and see if the batt light went off, if so you might have a bad ground wire somewhere. i would check all the ground wires and make sure they have a good connection. i.e. rusted frame where the groung bolts to. hope that can help you out. lemme know what happens.
Back to top Go down

alt light on changed batt alt and pcm light still on
Page 1 of 1