Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

seat belt light / chime ? .... security light

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

seat belt light / chime ? .... security light Empty
PostSubject: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:11 pm

i just now noticed the seat belt icon on the dash gauge today, i wondered about it and looked in the manual.

so apparently its supposed to light up and chime for a few seconds when you first run / start the car ?

well mine never ever lights up or chimes at all, never has since the day i had it...

what is the reason for this? how can it be fixed? maybe the last owner somehow disabled it because it was annoying? i'd like to get it to work because i just want everything working like it should.

also this randomly happens but; sometimes when i start up the car the security light stays on (not sure if it also flashes, don't remember) and will just turn off whenever it feels like it. looked in the manual and it says if the light stays lit that means it detected a problem within itself? something like that ... i think.. lol

but yeah that happens rare only like 1 out of 30(probably more) times that i drive..
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:51 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Dont know about the first problems, but the security light will come on if the key is not inserted all the way when you turn the car on.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

...do you have an aftermarket starter or alarm?
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:10 am

extremely late reply,

albertj wrote:
...do you have an aftermarket starter or alarm?
but no i do not have any of those...
Mr.Riviera wrote:
Dont know about the first problems, but the security light will come on if the key is not inserted all the way when you turn the car on.
this is probably correct...

as for the seat-belt icon/chime... if i were to unbuckle my seat-belt while driving, is it supposed to chime?
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 am

LaFlare wrote:
?
of course not a problem, but still wondering lol
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 am

Mine's never chimed for the seat belt. It's one of the things I like about this car. I always wear my belt, but I hate those alarms! There are a lot of unused lamps in the dash, and I think at least one is duplicated. Depending on the year of the car, not all all of them are supposed to be active.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 am

Assuming that you don't have a VERY responsible habit of latching your seatbelt before you turn the key, the light on the dash should come on for about 90 seconds after the engine is started... The chime, however, only lasts for about 5 or 6 chimes.

Yes, if you unlatch your belt while the car is still running, the light (but not the chime) should come on again.

If none of the above happen, my guess would be that somehow (or someONE) the switch in the buckle has been modified...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seat belt light / chime ? .... security light   seat belt light / chime ? .... security light Empty

Back to top Go down

seat belt light / chime ? .... security light
Page 1 of 1