Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

EVAP Switch - No Code

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1997riv
Enthusiast

Name :
Merit : 0

EVAP Switch - No Code Empty
PostSubject: EVAP Switch - No Code   EVAP Switch - No Code EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:29 pm

I was digging around towards the back of my motor and found a rubber elbow on the EVAP switch with nothing on the other end, like it broke off.  The car runs fine and has no check engine light or codes stored.  In the picture the green arrow is where the elbow is plugged in (right under the electrical connector pointing down) and then it 90's and runs towards the fire wall, you can just barely see the end of the rubber elbow at the blue arrow.  I can't find any vacuum tubes or anything laying anywhere below it.  Or is this suppose to just dead end like this?
EVAP Switch - No Code Evap_s10
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

EVAP Switch - No Code Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVAP Switch - No Code   EVAP Switch - No Code EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi Michael....That's actually just a vent for that valve/switch. So yep, supposed to be open!

The line coming from the firewall is the fuel vapor line from the gas tank and the other line makes it's way to the intake near the throttle body.
Back to top Go down

EVAP Switch - No Code
Page 1 of 1