Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

what is this line that is broken?

Go down 
+2
Abaddon
unteir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
unteir
Rookie
unteir

Name : Josh
Merit : 0

what is this line that is broken? Empty
PostSubject: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey guys I was poking around under the hood and I found what looks like a vacume line that's been severed. Just wondering what is was. Its directly under the supercharger snout.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:01 pm

unteir wrote:
Hey guys I was poking around under the hood and I found what looks like a vacume line that's been severed. Just wondering what is was. Its directly under the supercharger snout.

There's a "T" that plugs into the Lower Intake Manifold right there? Is it the line that goes towards the Firewall, or the line that goes towards the front of the engine? It's one of the main Vacuum lines that controls Fuel pressure and a few sensor inputs....
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Its broken On the side that faces the front of the car.
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:11 pm

I've been trying to upload a picture but my tablet is being uncooperative.
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:38 pm

BTW it is the T shaped connector on the LIM. Any guess on replacement cost?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Just go to AutoZone and grab some replacement lines/connectors for a couple bucks. My line snapped under the snout too, but I just put a coupler on it to put it back together. It's a lot easier to do that than replace the line.
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Just got back from advanced auto parts and I just happen to only have the 2 employees who know nothing about cars. Grrrrr! I'll stop by the one by work tomorrow and check with them. If anyone knows specifically what this line is called it might help. I don't have check engine light either which with a busted vacuum line under the hoodmis alittle curious to me. Scott , Matt thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:40 am

unteir wrote:
Just got back from advanced auto parts and I just happen to only have the 2 employees who know nothing about cars. Grrrrr! I'll stop by the one by work tomorrow and check with them. If anyone knows specifically what this line is called it might help. I don't have check engine light either which with a busted vacuum line under the hoodmis alittle curious to me. Scott , Matt thanks for the tips.

There really isn't a name for that "T" that's broken. It's just simply a Vacuum "T". Problem is finding one that fits properly. Mine split a couple year ago...right down the center from the LIM out. I used a 2-part epoxy in the crack, then put a tiny zip-tie around it to close it up. It's been holding ever since lol
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:42 am

the T connector on mine isn't broken part that is broken is the line itself
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 am

is there any way to open that T connector up its broken off flush as it enters it
Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

Name : Daymon
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 am

Cut it.
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:50 am

Its it just structural or does it feed into a line that enters my intake manifold?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:55 am

It's just a rubber "T" that fits onto a nipple that sticks out of the LIM. Both plastic lines that are there just slip inside of it.
Back to top Go down
unteir
Rookie
unteir

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:56 am

copy that thank you very much guys
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 pm

While were on the subject.. I found some line comin from the passenger side firewall that stretched out to around the AC area? by the passenger side headlight. It was brittle and broken and laying there.

I pulled it out, have no idea what it's for, and havent noticed any adverse effects.

Scott, do you know what it's for? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:37 am

I saw something like that in my dad's Regal GS in the same area and I couldn't find where it went. Tis a mystery for now.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:39 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
While were on the subject.. I found some line comin from the passenger side firewall that stretched out to around the AC area? by the passenger side headlight. It was brittle and broken and laying there.

I pulled it out, have no idea what it's for, and havent noticed any adverse effects.

Scott, do you know what it's for? Thank you.

I'd have to look....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is this line that is broken?   what is this line that is broken? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is this line that is broken?
Page 1 of 1