Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

'97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Franklin23
Special

Name : Robby Baskett
Merit : 0

'97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy Empty
PostSubject: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Hey folks,

I'm new to the board.

I have a '97 Rivera Supercharged. I've had this since 1999, and couldn't ask for a better car. It's become one of those relationships you just can't let go. The interior and exterior, I've let the age of natural wear and tear take its toll. But, the Engine, to my best knowledge and efforts are kept closely to best condition as it can be.

It is, however, gotten to the point that every month I'm replacing/fixing/rigging something new.

My latest issue, is what I believe, the computer board. When I go to start the engine doesn't turn. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes of turning and waiting and turning and waiting for it to finally start. I've had my starter and batter checked.

My question, is an issue I can just deal with or will my car eventually not start?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Sounds like something antitheft related might be acting up.... There's a bunch of people on here who will gladly help, there's probably even a few threads you could read through to see if it helps troubleshooting.
Back to top Go down
Franklin23
Special

Name : Robby Baskett
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:04 am

welcome Robby
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:57 am

Welcome to the forum hi

The Security system does not disable the starter, it disables the fuel pump. If the car isn't turning over at all, I would continue on and have the starting system diagnosed. Chances are, it's just a bad starter or relay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy   '97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy Empty

Back to top Go down

'97 Riviera Supercharged New Guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: