Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

How do the mice get in?

Go down 
+21
word
deekster_caddy
woggy
ibmoses
ewolfe0050
Chicken
T Riley
Rickw
albertj
95RiviSC
Ash
robotennis61
AA
97Riv-Jon
jax95riv
Andysdorm
SpaceBar
Mr.Riviera
Jack the R
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

How do the mice get in? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Try going out there late at night to the garage area, get something to sit on and maybe a six pack. Turn the llights out where its real dark and be real still for a little while then turn the lights back on nervous

If your handy with a pistol you could get some rat shot and really have some fun. Just dont shoot your car(or yourself). The rat shot might not be an option. It depends on the condition of your parking space.... rockets
Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:46 pm

albertj wrote:

I think the GM vent would slow down entrance of water if you had a boat trailer and backed your riv up to launch/remove a boat.
Albertj

Could the engine run with the exhaust under water? shocked

There could be something to the idea of keeping the exhaust fumes out. I didn't think of that one. Which is why I ask bonk

ibmoses - You are a dangerous man sir. lmao
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Jack the R wrote:
Could the engine run with the exhaust under water?
Yes, to some degree. If the water were covering the tailpipes the engine would run and exhaust pressure would just burble out. This is assuming you had the rear of the car in the water with the front up and out of the water.
When you start ingesting water into the inlet in large quantities then you have a problem.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I'm pretty sure water in the inlet in our cars would soak the air filter, which would reduce airflow to almost nuthin. I further suspect that then the PCM would turn the car off because of insufficient / sudden loss of airflow.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Behold, the AlbertJ anti-mouse screen:

How do the mice get in? - Page 4 Trunk_vent4

Good luck mouse, you're gonna need it.
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:14 pm

those little tramps are -so- hosed. Unless an Alpha Mouse mistakes the wire for dental floss and chews thru it (unlikely. Rats will mice won't)

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Isn't that door hinged in some way or are you plugging the hole where it fits and not allowing it to move at all.?
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

PostSubject: you could try this on those critters   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Rickw wrote:
Isn't that door hinged in some way or are you plugging the hole where it fits and not allowing it to move at all.?

It's hinged the other way. To let air (and little lost mice) out.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 pm

That Video is excellent. I laughed my ass off. Haven't had that good of a laugh in a long time.
I needed that.!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 pm

I haven't seen any rat signs.

Love the squirrel video. Did you know dogs can memorize up to 250 words? "Squirrel" is one of my dog's words, and he can sure send them flying.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:00 pm

My dog is the most peaceful, docile, lazy dog I've ever had. Yet when i say "get the squirrel'' or "get the chipmunk" He bolts into action. Has actually brought me back a couple of chipmunks in the past year. Didn't know he had it in him. He's 12 years old as of this August and can still catch and kill a chipmunk. The squirrels just seem to get up the trees quicker for some reason.
He's bread as a sheep herder but still has the taste for critters.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:43 pm

I've had the same experience with dogs. They can catch chipmunks, but not squirrels.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Another question for the mouse masters - is there an odor remover that you use, that works, and costs less than SCOE-10X? Cause a 64 oz. bottle costs $90. Granted it's supposed to be diluted to 5 gallons, but still - $90!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 pm

You could go to a pet store and try "Nature's Miracle". It's one of those bacteria eating things, we've used it with success on dog vomit, kid vomit, dog pee, kid pee... well let's just say I'm impressed. You should be able to find it at most pet stores.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:21 pm

I have an old, small bottle of Super CD, which is a one-drop odor neutralizer that chemically changes odor molecules. It works well. I just de-skunked a neighbor's car. He took his dog to a nearby lake, where the dog found some skunks to play with. Too bad the skunks did not want to play... Unfortunately Super CD is NLA. (you don't need much. I think an ounce is about a 1/2 lifetime supply; I am on my 2nd bottle, and that's only because I lost the first one.

I did come across this today and was thinking of ordering a set:

http://www.xospray.com/special.html

To see how the stuff works see

http://www.xospray.com/whyxoworks.html

I bet it's the same stuff as Super CD but diluted.

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 pm

XOspray ordered! If it works it's a helluva better deal than the SCOE. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Deek - Thanks but I'm not aware of any pet shops. We're all about the Wal-Mart shopping around here wink
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:03 am

SCOE has a $20 starter kit

http://scoe10x.com/Scripts/SCOE10X-Odor-Eliminator.asp

You know, except for the probiotic (probably an enzyme) I bet it's the same (or similar) stuff.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 am

I tried the starter kit months ago. It did work, but there was only enough to do the spare tire cover, plastic tub, spare tire well, and a few squirts into the corners of the trunk. I figured I'd need the $90 bottle to cover the whole car for sure. Maybe the next size down would do it, but the way it's priced you might as well get the $90 one and have some for next time.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 am

Jack the R wrote:
I tried the starter kit months ago. It did work, but there was only enough to do the spare tire cover, plastic tub, spare tire well, and a few squirts into the corners of the trunk. I figured I'd need the $90 bottle to cover the whole car for sure. Maybe the next size down would do it, but the way it's priced you might as well get the $90 one and have some for next time.

Maybe the SCOE is too dilute as packaged and sold?

One thing I like about Super CD is i can make a solution of Murphy's oil soap in water (per label directions for no-rinse general cleaning) then add a drop of it to the water and get thorough deodorization. For your sake I hope the small bottle of XO is similarly concentrated. If so, a small bit will go a very, very long way.

By the way, one thing I don't like about Super CD is if you use too much (more than a drop or 2 in say, a car or a bucket of wash water) it does not work as well. Another thing I don't like is it's apparently become "unobtanium." Something similar, however, is Nilodor, made in Ohio. See http://www.nilodor.com/shop/show/id/126. I used Nilodor in the past (it's been around a long time) and switched to Super CD because at the time I found the CD worked longer and better. You can buy Nilodor on line too - do yourself a favor and don't calculate the price per gallon, though. Besides you won't ever need that much.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:16 pm

The SCOE comes as a concentrate. You've got to make the final solution. It doesn't dilute out anywhere near as much as Super CD or XOspray.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:21 pm

We'll see how it goes.

I need to check and see if my neighbor's now de-skunked. (should not be a problem).

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

The XOspray came in today and I tried it on a few pieces. It's knocked out the odor, but I won't really be able to say it worked until I've had a few hot days to bring it back out again. For now I'm cautiously optimistic.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

It should be fine, although it would not be a waste of time to wipe down the interior with a mild 'oil soap' solution. That gets the odor causing chemicals off the interior surfaces so they don't have a chance to re-release the smell.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do the mice get in?   How do the mice get in? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do the mice get in?
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: