Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JacobsRedRivi

Name : Jake
Merit : 0

1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount Empty
PostSubject: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyFri May 12, 2017 10:41 am

Hello all. Sorry if my post is a bit out of place, i cant seem to find a topic that gives any answers on this subject.

Has anyone ever re manufactured one of these mounts? i have one from the junkyard but i have no idea how i would build it back up if i were to strip all the rubber off.

Or does anyone know of a suitable replacement that would fit?

The P/N is 22174975
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyFri May 12, 2017 11:34 am

JacobsRedRivi wrote:
Hello all.  Sorry if my post is a bit out of place, i cant seem to find a topic that gives any answers on this subject.

Has anyone ever re manufactured one of these mounts? i have one from the junkyard but i have no idea how i would build it back up if i were to strip all the rubber off.

Or does anyone know of a suitable replacement that would fit?

The P/N is 22174975

Check RockAuto.com for inserts to replace teh rubber in the mount.

I have heard of people using 3M Window Weld to remake mounts - take a mount and fill the voids with Window Weld - but there are different grades of the stuff and I don't remember which is suitable for motor mounts, nor whether to remove all the rubber and form voids with drinking straws or ice cubes.
Back to top Go down
JacobsRedRivi

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyFri May 12, 2017 11:49 am

Well i did that with the three other mounts but im down to that last mount that doesn't seem to have an insert. It looks like the whole thing has rubber around it and 2 bolts coming out the bottom.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

JacobsRedRivi wrote:
Well i did that with the three other mounts but im down to that last mount that doesn't seem to have an insert. It looks like the whole thing has rubber around it and 2 bolts coming out the bottom.

Oh that one.  IIRC it is liquid-filled - see http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/22174975.

I dimly recall someone making up a replacement out of one or more neoprene hockey pucks.

You could use solid neoprene blocks and common hardware to make a replacement.  Tough part will be machining the neoprene so it holds the bolts but does not crack up.  If torque transfer is your goal you could have a machinist make you a solid mount, there are other issues that come with that however.

For those blocks see http://bometals.com/products/joints/expansion-joint-material-formers/neoprene-rubber-solid/ and to buy them check Amazon and eBay to start - however a local/regional supply house like Grainger should be able to get them for you cash-and-carry. Also, if you know or can find out (like, at a transmission shop) the Anchor (a mount maker) number for the mount you likely will find it for short money on eBay, see http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=solid+rubber+motor+mount&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc.

Also IIRC that mount and its cousin (the round one by the crank balancer) are rarely replaced. The round one does not take much of a beating at all and the one you're looking at is not that easy to check/reach.
Back to top Go down
JacobsRedRivi

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyMon May 15, 2017 9:51 am

Good info! thanks man i will see if there is anything i can come up with and share. I will try and see what i can do to my spare one from the junkyard.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyMon May 15, 2017 11:30 am

JacobsRedRivi wrote:
Good info!  thanks man i will see if there is anything i can come up with and share.  I will try and see what i can do to my spare one from the junkyard.  

They seem to be available new - less than $150 on GMPD which is not free but might avoid other issues. Take the part number 22174975 and ask perhaps a dealer, or put it into a web site like Amazon or eBay and see what gets coughed up... Might be more, though.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount EmptyMon May 15, 2017 3:23 pm

There's a lot of information compiled here. Most is for Series II engines, but the same principles should apply. Best of luck.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t882-faq-engine-transmission-motor-mounts

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount   1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount Empty

Back to top Go down

1995 riviera Front Driver Side Transmission Mount
Page 1 of 1