Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostsoul1488
Special
lostsoul1488

Name : mike
Merit : 0

95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!!   95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm

recently my passenger sid window stopped working my mechanic checked the wires fuses etc. i got a new motor n still not thing it seems theres something to do with the ground, when he grounds it out himself it goes up n down, but wont work on its own... someone if possible help me out here...

it (lock) stopped working all of asudden it works the passenger side lock but not the drivers, switched the accuator out n still nothing theres power goin to wires fuses n still nothing... if someone could help me in this matter would b greatful
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!!   95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Some mechanics hate electrical.

Your mechanic may not have checked the wires where they pass thru the drivers side door jamb. They are notorious for breaking inside the insulation. Pull that boot back and check the wires for hidden breaks (you can usually tell by feel) and chafing that would result in a short to ground.
Back to top Go down

95 rivi driver side lock, passenger side window no ground!!!!!
Page 1 of 1