Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

A couple SEM questions.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

A couple SEM questions. Empty
PostSubject: A couple SEM questions.   A couple SEM questions. EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Would you use the vinyl prep or the Plastic and leather prep on the armrest part of the door panel?

I've got a can of each but they're both maybe 15 years old. The shelf life for the spray cans is 3 years under ideal conditions, but the shelf life for the brush on stuff is indefinite. I've tested my cans and they still spray good. I wonder if the product has really gone bad? I've also got the soap (new), and I'm wondering if it is even necessary to use the preps with the soap.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

A couple SEM questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A couple SEM questions.   A couple SEM questions. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Now I can answer my question with a list of things not to clean the interior with -

90% rubbing alcohol strips the paint.

SEM Soap strips the paint.

Vinyl Prep strips the paint.

The good news is there's no need to buy anything more expensive than 50% rubbing alcohol. I learn these things the hard way so you don't have to.
Back to top Go down

A couple SEM questions.
Page 1 of 1