Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CoffeeCommando
Amateur

Name : HttpWayne
Merit : 0

New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question Empty
PostSubject: New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question   New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 8:08 am

I noticed just looking around there was a photo of someone's engine bay (with the supercharger which I have) that they had a vacuum line going to a PCV port. The spot where that vac line came from (on mine) is capped off and there is a flat piece of plastic with no port for a hose where that PCV plug is located. It says PCV on it.

Is it supposed to be like that? I know from experience it's good to let the engine oil fumes vent/vacuum out of the engine so it doesn't build up (positive) pressure and start stressing and blowing out the oil pan seals. Is there another location I am unaware of that this happens, or is that it? If that's it, where can I find the right part to correct it or can I modify it?

I did a search for both PCV and CCV and there were 0 results.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question   New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 am

That cap labeled "PCV" is where the PCV valve is located. Remove that cap to replace the PCV valve.
If you saw someone on here with a hose coming off of it, it's a modification.
Back to top Go down

New Riv Owner, PCV/CCV Question
Page 1 of 1