Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

"I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"

Go down 
+6
jbird
stan
nickwon
albertj
Jack the R
turtleman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

"I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" Empty
PostSubject: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 pm

EyeDoc1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 pm

So basically he just eliminated functional items like the rub strips, side marker lamps, fuel door, door handles, and license plate; and put huge rims on it.  

Honestly, he doesn't understand the car.  I bet he's never had the chance to see one in person, to walk around it and appreciate the bone line that wraps around the cockpit of the car.  I don't think he knows it exists, and that IMO is one of the best lines ever to be put on a car.  

He's also too young to appreciate the 8th gen Riv in the context of its time.  The organic styled cars represented a radical transformation of car design greater than anything that has come since.  The only thing comparable would be the shift from the pre-WW2 cars to the post-WW2 cars.  There are some really nice teen era cars, but even the best ones aren't mind blowing.  They're what we've seen before, with more creases and details.  And big rims that aren't practical, but for some reason that look caught on.  They may corner a little better than a 15" rim, but only when they're not bent.    

Were you the one guy who voted for the Riviera?

edit-

Now that the comments have loaded, it's great to see how many people appreciate the 8th gen Riv.

Last edited by Jack the R on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm

...ok.

Last edited by albertj on Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickwon

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 pm

It doesn't look too bad though I still prefer a classic Riv.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 am

"It doesn't look too bad though I still prefer a classic Riv."

Me too
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 am

The light bar is the best part, but I think the Riv actually has that, as a reflector.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 pm

another 4+ year old video you have posted here that has nothing to do with this thread.

don't know if you are actually still trying to sell your cars this many years later but the boasting about your cars here amongst people that are very familiar with these Riviera's is most likely not helping your cause.

jbird

Back to top Go down
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 pm

So I'm not a big fan of the redesign... but I will say the custom bumpers somebody did a few years ago was a great mod. But the riv as built was always a near perfect look (should have included portholes imo)
Back to top Go down
mbletion

Name : Robert Cruise

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyWed May 12, 2021 9:57 am

Nothing beats the beauty of the classic Riviera.
Back to top Go down
GiannaBraun
Special

Name : GiannaBraun

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 8:32 am

Bonjour à tous ! Je ne suis pas un expert en graphisme, mais je dirais que la personnalisation de la voiture est parfaite. De toute façon, je pense aussi que la Riviera a toujours eu un look super classique. En parlant de ça, je viens de recevoir une lettre de mon patron pour partir en voyage au Portugal. Donc, j'ai besoin d'une voiture ! En vérifiant les prix de la location de voitures au Portugal sur auto-jardim.com, j'ai remarqué de grandes différences de prix. À votre avis, est-il rentable de faire appel à un locataire de voiture ? Je vous remercie pour votre aide.

Last edited by GiannaBraun on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 6:16 pm

GiannaBraun wrote:
La machine a l'air très cool, je me demande combien coûte une telle machine pour mettre à niveau vers le nouvel état?

Le coût de la mise à niveau vers le nouvel état n'est pas connu, car la vidéo n'est que Photoshop et rien de réel.
Back to top Go down
MaxLegroom

Name : Robert Smith
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 7:33 am

Seeing this come up reminds me that I did bother to watch this video once. From that image at the top, I'd say that the surface development on the sides isn't bad, and the taillight treatment looks good as well. As for the rest, he should learn what a Buick Riviera was before attempting to redesign it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"   "I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car" Empty

Back to top Go down

"I re-design the 1995 Buick Riviera into a modern car"
Page 1 of 1