Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

HVAC auto turns on by itself.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

HVAC auto turns on by itself. Empty
PostSubject: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 11:05 pm

The last week or so it has been exceptionally nice by me, I used the sunroof & had the climate control off. When I would restart the car the Auto climate control would turn on by itself. Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:44 am

I think so . . .
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 11:46 am

No, not unless you touch one of the HVAC controls OR the TEMP control on the steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:06 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
The last week or so it has been exceptionally nice by me, I used the sunroof & had the climate control off. When I would restart the car the Auto climate control would turn on by itself. Is this normal?

When you turn the climate control off, you have to push the off button *twice* if anyone has touched the passenger temperature controls. Otherwise, it does not turn off.

So, if you're having problems really shutting the thing down, consider pulling the fuse and let it reset itself when you power it back up and definitely check the passenger control for problems.

Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you guys. It's probably as simple as I didn't realize that I'm probably hitting the buttons on the steering wheel. I'll be conscious of that and it will probably take care of the situation.
Back to top Go down
jane477
Special

Name : Jane Tracy
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Quote :
Thank you guys. It's probably as simple as I didn't realize that I'm probably hitting the buttons on the steering wheel. I'll be conscious of that and it will probably take care of the situatio!n.

How did you managed to hit the buttons without realizing it?

Last edited by jane477 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://admission-writer.com/blog/georgetown-essay-prompts
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Involuntary movements and big hands lol?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HVAC auto turns on by itself.   HVAC auto turns on by itself. Empty

Back to top Go down

HVAC auto turns on by itself.
Page 1 of 1