Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Can you hear the recirc door open and close?

Go down 
+2
Jack the R
carguy8888
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

Can you hear the recirc door open and close? Empty
PostSubject: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm wondering if my recirc door is not moving? When I hit the recirc button it lights up and I hear the chime but I don't hear a door closing under the dash. Should I hear anything to know when it switches to recirculate mode?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 1:42 am

It's a Buick.  You shouldn't be hearing that stuff unless the modules are worn out.

Mine doesn't chime though - must have been added after 97.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 am

When I hit the RECIRC button, I can hear how the quiet "whoosh" of the air gradually changes (it takes 2-3 seconds), so I know for sure the door is moving. Although I can't hear the door or actuator itself.
And yes, any button does chime.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 am

I did try and listen to the change in air noise. I will listen again today because it's supposed to be blistering. The chyme is a setting I believe in the personal choice features.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:45 pm

I'd kinda like to hear the chime now.

edit - now that I think about it, mine chimes too. It's been a while since I've used it.

Last edited by Jack the R on Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm

I keep my chime on as well.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 am

should my 95 chime?
Back to top Go down
urbanski_m
Amateur

Name : Mike
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 pm

The other day I tried the RECIRC feature for the first time in 7 years on my 97, I did hear a chime but I did not hear an actuator or change in fan speed. Also the temp coming out of the vents did not change either as is the case in my other cars. I have been using a temp gauge in my vents this summer as it has been unusually hot with a number of "heat waves" and am checking the performance of AC in all my cars at various settings. My Riv is blowing around a consistent 35 degrees which is great!
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 1:21 pm

That is colllld. Good to know you did not hear any noise or change which is the same for me.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 9:29 pm

urbanski_m wrote:
The other day I tried the RECIRC feature for the first time in 7 years on my 97, I did hear a chime but I did not hear an actuator or change in fan speed.  Also the temp coming out of the vents did not change either as is the case in my other cars.  I have been using a temp gauge in my vents this summer as it has been unusually hot with a number of "heat waves" and am checking the performance of AC in all my cars at various settings.  My Riv is blowing around a consistent 35 degrees which is great!

IIRC the air conditioner automatically goes into recirc mode if it's hotter than a certain temperature, when you first turn it on. Details in the service manual.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Had no idea, what a smart car. Thanks Albert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you hear the recirc door open and close?   Can you hear the recirc door open and close? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you hear the recirc door open and close?
Page 1 of 1