Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slugranch
Amateur

Name : Gary Miller
Merit : 0

Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. Empty
PostSubject: Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.   Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 pm

about a month ago I blew all of the fir needles in the cowling under the windshield. We hadn't had any significant rain in quite a while, but we got a downpour a few days ago and it filled the floorboard on the right side of her car. We checked it and found that the water was running down the inner door panel up forward near the hinges and the down onto the floorboard. I've checked all of the gaskets around the door, and silicone sprayed them, and wiped them all down after spraying them. anyone else ever have this problem? Driver's side is bone dry. I'm hoping that I didn't cause the problem.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.   Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 pm

There are drains for the moon roof that if blocked will do that. I think there is one at each corner of the opening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.   Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 9:42 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
There are drains for the moon roof that if blocked will do that.  I think there is one at each corner of the opening?

The cowl drain would be blocked as well if enough of those needles got past the screen in the vent.  It's unlikely, however. The drain exits are behind the trailing edge of both front fender liners, little rubber flaps. Have a look.

Last edited by albertj on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brutusk1

Name : Brutusk
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.   Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 4:58 pm

slugranch wrote:
   anyone else ever have this problem?

I think I had the same problem as you.  Have you checked page 4 of this FAQ thread?  I found a solution that worked for me.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t6869-faq-wet-carpet-interior-leak-problems?highlight=interior+water+leaks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.   Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rain water filling floorboard on passenger side of Momma's Riv.
Page 1 of 1