Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
soultech67
Special

Name : Scott Burkhalter
Merit : 0

Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi all, I just purchased a 1967 Riviera with about 120k miles on her, that has been parked in a garage in western WA since 1991.  The car's exterior is in decent shape, prep'd at sometime in the past with little to no surface rust and very little dings.  The interior though is mildewed and stinky, and leaves much to the project gods for me to work on. The engine bay is pretty rusty in a surface rust sort of way. But she starts and runs and there's no horrible sounds, in fact the car sounds pretty tough, so I feel like I have something I can work with here.  

The radiator leaks once pressure builds up, and what came out of it looked very oily and also latte coffee brown where the oil hadn't mixed.  I'll have to dig in to all of this as I go forward.

Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world On-tra10
Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world Interi10
Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world Engine10
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 4:23 am

Welcome! You've got some work ahead of you, but it looks like all the pieces are there. I've been going through the process with my 72 Charger. Here's a pic from a couple months ago with the new carpet in (since you're doing carpet for sure!) -

Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world Carpet

It was easier to find all the little holes than I thought it would be (same for the headliner), but more difficult to get the area around the firewall trimmed. Altogether there was a lot more trimming around the edges than I expected, but I was able to get it right the first time.

albertj likes this post

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 4:53 am

Welcome Scott.
Can we see the front?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 10:32 am

Scott, looks like a solid car, but yes, you have your work cut out for you.  This a great board, but mostly for the 95-99 Riviera.  The very best place for you to be is http://v8buick.com/index.php  With over 44,000 members worlwide, and WAY MORE traffic, V8 is where you will find the most resources for the 60's and 70's Buicks.  If you have any questions about the engine, I can help you with that.

Does the switch pitch transmission still work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
MaxLegroom

Name : Robert Smith
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 9:53 pm

Looks like you're off to a good start there, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world   Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Scott, new to the Riv world
Page 1 of 1