Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Power trunk failure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

Power trunk failure Empty
PostSubject: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 1:36 am

Tonight my power trunk release failed on me. Neither the remote nor the door switch will open it. I'll dig into the service manual when I find some time, but wondered if anyone else has experienced a failure in both, and what problems you found, how fixed? I'm figuring maybe a fuse, or wiring at the trunk latch is bad. Anyone have a good idea on this?

(don't worry, I did remember my key also works... dunce )
Back to top Go down
comanche221
Special

Name : Mark
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 10:33 am

on your fob hit trunk when standing near, do u hear it----if so take it off , ur plastic arm broke, in the center where it broke,drill a small hole for a 3/4 sheetrock screw, leave 1/2 of it sticking out, wiggle it back in there and test........
Back to top Go down
comanche221
Special

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 10:35 am

on the trunk release....
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Nope, don't hear anything when I hit the release. Didn't notice anything that appeared to be broken.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Mine hasn't worked since I got the riv. If I short the terminals at the relay (underneath back seat) It opens no problem. I've tested all the switches and such on the circuit. all good. I have a feeling it might have been disabled when the remote start system was installed before I got the car of a connection went bad with it somewhere. I suppose none of this really applies to you but thats another place you can test it at - the relay
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 10:32 pm

Check the switch in the glove compartment. This probably is not your problem since the fob doesn't work either.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 12:53 am

sburch23 wrote:
Check the switch in the glove compartment. This probably is not your problem since the fob doesn't work either.

Correct.
Back to top Go down
comanche221
Special

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 1:21 am

Trying to help,thats what was wrong with my trunk, it took 5 min' to fix .
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 11:06 am

comanche221 wrote:
Trying to help,thats what was wrong with my trunk, it took 5 min' to fix .

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks! I may not find time to dig into this real soon, but was hoping for someone with easy to test ideas. wink
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 9:55 pm

comanche221 wrote:
on your fob hit trunk when standing near, do u hear it----if so take it off , ur plastic arm broke, in the center where it broke,drill a small hole for a 3/4 sheetrock screw, leave 1/2 of it sticking out, wiggle it back in there and test........

Put a screw in it?
I know this is a old post but was wondering how to rig one of these with a screw?

Bert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power trunk failure   Power trunk failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Power trunk failure
Page 1 of 1