Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trying to buy window switch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
faxbob64
Special

Name : Bob
Merit : 2

Trying to buy window switch Empty
PostSubject: Trying to buy window switch   Trying to buy window switch EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 5:08 pm

Trying to buy a driver side window switch for my '95. Most Ebay sellers and Rock Auto have one that they say fits, but it doesn't look right. Also says it's "right". It is a DWS-1467. Don't want to waste my money. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
faxbob64
Special

PostSubject: Re: Trying to buy window switch   Trying to buy window switch EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 5:56 pm

Here's another great idea! What if I put the passenger's side switch on the driver's side and the bad driver's side on the passenger's side so both would work from the driver but the passenger side wouldn't go up from there. Just a thought, I'm going bonkers here.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Trying to buy window switch   Trying to buy window switch EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 10:22 pm

The rockauto switch is passenger side. You want driver side. The switches differ.

First - take off your door card and get the part number off of that switch.

Try searching for "Door - Driver Front Electric" on LKQ.com - a part search dialog should come up - fill it in but put the part number for the switch into the part number field. If available a yard should follow up with you.

Look on the web sites of your region's pick-and-pull yards for a 1995-99 Riv. Find one? call the yard.

Go to Row52.com - you can sign up then offer a 'bounty' to one of the other people who've signed up to find one - by that I mean there are scores of yards across the USA that have row52 'members' nearby. Three Rivs are listed there tonight. So you can contact the yards or post a Parts Wanted notice on that Row52 site to get someone to pull the part for you.

You can kind of do the same thing on car-part.com except most of those yards are actually dismantlers and although their price will be a bit higher they will pull and usually test the part for you. Phone numbers are usually in the part listings, you can find a Riv (or 3) and just call the yard to get the switch.

And again, if you're careful you can open the switch and clean those contacts with an emery board or similar.

Albertj

Back to top Go down
faxbob64
Special

PostSubject: Re: Trying to buy window switch   Trying to buy window switch EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 9:57 am

Thanks, I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to buy window switch   Trying to buy window switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to buy window switch
Page 1 of 1